Full-Stack Practice – Full-Stack Engineer /
AUS_Full Time AUS (4 weeks off)
From humble beginnings in 2003, Ippon Technologies has built a reputation as a global boutique consultancy in the delivery of business oriented technology value. Our people work with household name consumer brands across multiple industry sectors to provide better customer experiences and deeper business value.
We’re a team of true technologists who leverage contemporary thinking and tools to enhance the way our clients drive value. Wether it’s a bespoke platform to improve employee engagement within a national retail chain, or developing an app that provides next level direct customer interaction; value is delivered to our clients when we begin by understanding the business outcomes they desire and then apply our technical expertise to make these a reality.
About the role
As we embrace the next phase of growth, we are in search of a number of mid to senior Full Stack Developers to be part of our journey. The role is fun, allows you to think outside the box and includes the challenge of designing and delivering bespoke solutions to complex problems for our clients. You’ll work all the way from discovery to delivery and beyond to solve problems that are at the heart of some of our clients' most burning issues.
- You’ll be involved in the delivery of bespoke software solutions to assist our clients in achieving their business outcomes.
- Provide technical direction for development, design, and systems integration for client engagement from ideation through to implementation and maintenance,
- Actively engage in the delivery of projects, with either full Ippon teams, or as part of a broader client team.
- Be proactively client-focussed; evangelise and engage effectively,
- Create and execute development plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements,
- Perform code reviews and mentor other developers,
- Challenge others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model,
- Participate in engaging with the community through meetups and conferences; espouse others to do the same.
- Be part of a growing and dynamic team, helping to shape the direction of our company!
Skills and requirements
- Self motivation and excitement about working in a start-up consulting environment
- Demonstrated delivery of solutions leveraging Microservices, (FaaS), DevOps, Continuous Integration and build automation approaches, including experiences with test-automation.
- Data and technology driven digital experiences
- Proven experience using WebPack or equivalent bundler, as well as test-automation to verify your changes.
- Proven exposure to delivering cloud-native front-end applications, preferably in AWS, as well as digital product creation experience leveraging Agile and Lean approaches
Nice to Have skills
- Experience with Spring Framework, .NET, or Serverless Framework/Serverless Application Model (SAM).
- Developed applications using relational databases (Postgres, MariaDB, Oracle) and non-relational databases (DynamoDB, MongoDB).
- Industry experience using web-based authentication and authorisation mechanisms; for example, Oauth2 and OpenID Connect.
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based logging and monitoring software, such as Splunk, or AWS CloudWatch.
At Ippon, we see things differently both in terms of how we work with our clients and how we engage with our people. As we are a relatively small team, albeit part of a global consultancy, we are focussed on quality, not quantity, when it comes to both our clients and our people. From a client perspective, we work with a select group of enterprises that genuinely value the innovation and value that we deliver.
From a people perspective we pay market leading salaries. But we also understand that professional fulfilment is not just about money. We actively support ongoing development in the form of training, attendance at conferences, etc, and we provide staff with the opportunity to contribute to the development and strategic direction of the business. Work life balance is key and we are a flexible organisation, offering 4 day a week option to support your personal and professional development.
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to learn more about Ippon Australia, apply for this position.