Lead Instructor - Web Development (São Paulo)
Sao Paulo /
Instructional Staff /
Ironhack is an education startup that was founded to disrupt the way tech education works!
Doesn’t it seem odd that we’ve been learning the same way since the Industrial Revolution? Virtually all industries are pushing the limits on how to do things faster, better, and more efficiently. Yet, for the most part, people feel stuck on a 4+ year (and usually quite expensive) path that often results in an unfulfilling career path.
We empower students to create a new path - one that leads to meaningful careers in software development, product design or data analytics in a fraction of the time and cost of traditional education.
Our higher purpose is to transform the education space to be unapologetically outcomes-driven. Whether students are looking to change careers, get a promotion, skip University, or start their own company, we work tirelessly every day to make sure this path is as quick, immersive, and accessible as possible. Hearing these success stories is what gets us out of bed each day, excited to come to work :)
It’s with this mindset that we’ve become one of the key global players in bridging the digital skills gap, serving both those looking to get into tech, as well as the companies hungry for tech talent.
● Founded in 2013 by Wharton and Harvard grads
● Operations in Miami, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Mexico City, Lisbon, Amsterdam, Sao Paulo and Berlin
● 100% YoY Growth (help us to keep it going!)
● Graduated over 6500 students
● 100+ global team members
● Venture capital backed
#About the gig
We are looking for a Full-time Lead Instructor for our Web Development Bootcamp who is not only passionate about coding, but also about sharing their knowledge with the next generation of developers.
The Lead Instructor is someone who has a deep understanding of programming and good development practices gathered from their educational journey and real-world experience.
You need to be a strong communicator and very patient - you’ll need to be able to explain abstract concepts to the future generation of developers.
IMPORTANTE: Todas as classes são em Portugues, e o Inglês será usado em comunicação interna com as equipes globais.
- Overseeing the whole academic experience of our Ironhack bootcamps
- Teaching from Monday to Friday in our Sao Paulo campus (09:00a.m to 06:00p.m)
- Creating engaging content for our Web Development courses that may include lessons, exercises and/or mini-projects
- Managing Teaching Assistants (TA)
- Lead instructor will not need to produce the curriculum. The curriculum is pre-made.
#Is this you? (Requirements)
- Deep understanding of computer programming principles.
- Follow Engineering best practices to solve problems.
- Web Design (Responsive HTML / CSS frameworks / jQuery)
- Version Control with Git & GitHub
- Front-end Framework (React, Angular2, Backbone)
- NoSQL Databases (MongoDB & Mongoose, Redis)
- At least one additional object-oriented scripting languages (ruby preferred)
- SQL Databases (PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Neo4).
- Infrastructure (cloud deployment, security, devOps, performance)
- Passion for education: although we don’t require previous formal teaching experience, we’re looking for people that enjoy teaching/mentoring others and that are involved in the coding community.
- Experience managing and keeping a team motivated.
- Can-do attitude and a good sense of humor.
- IMPORTANTE: Todas as classes são em Portugues e o Inglês será usado em comunicação interna com as equipes globais.
- Great communication skills, can you be engaging as a teacher? :)
Other technologies that would be useful to have:
● Competitive salary
● Flexible work environment
● 100% Employer-paid healthcare (for US + LATAM full-time employees)
● Tons of amazing events with our students and community of instructors
● Learn to code, design, or analyze data: enroll in our part-time courses for free!
● Unlimited sick policy