Software Engineer - Intern
Ironclad HQ (San Francisco, CA) /
Product & Engineering /
Ironclad is the #1 contract lifecycle management platform for innovative companies. L’Oréal, Staples, Mastercard, and other leading innovators use Ironclad to collaborate and negotiate on contracts, accelerate contracting while maintaining compliance, and turn contracts into critical carriers of operational business intelligence. It’s the only platform flexible enough to handle every type of contract workflow, whether a sales agreement, an HR agreement or a complex NDA. The company was named one of the 20 Rising Stars on the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, and is backed by leading investors like Accel, Y Combinator, Sequoia, and Bond. For more information, visit www.ironcladapp.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Contracts are the atomic unit of business - everything important that a company does involves a contract: sales, purchases, hires, everything. The process for making a contract happen isn’t that different from the software lifecycle: a cross functional group collaborates on a technical document that essentially needs to be executable - just in a courtroom instead of a computer. Most legal teams are still stuck doing things manually, emailing versions of these documents around seeking approval and revisions with no easy way to automate workflows. Simple questions like “what is blocking this contract?” can be really difficult to answer since the information is locked in someone’s inbox.
As an Engineering Intern, you'll be working across the team to identify business problems and design, build and verify solutions. You'll be building a platform that lets lawyers scale themselves 100x more effectively. This is a chance to bring a two thousand year old profession into the digital age and ship a product to paying users that can’t live without. Real projects, impactful work, supportive team!
What we're looking for:
- A driven engineer excited to build and ship products
- Passion for learning and sharing knowledge
- Experience with high quality engineering standards
- Desire to work cross functionally coming up with product solutions (experience in legal space not required)
- Currently enrolled in Bachelors or Masters program studying Computer Science or related field, or equivalent technical experience
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to spec, design, and build features and systems
- Pair with a mentor whose #1 goal is to help you ramp onto our technology, product, and team
- Work with quality engineers to define, build and maintain testing strategy
- Be a part of a talented and collaborative team passionate about using the most effective tools to solve real problems
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Work on a modern stack built upon: TypeScript, ReactJS, Node.js, Java, and Docker containers in Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform (experience with these specific technologies not required)
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.