Content marketer, writer, creator, storyteller
Ironclad HQ (San Francisco, CA) /
Ironclad is the leading digital contracting platform for legal teams. By streamlining contract workflows, from creation and approvals to compliance and insights, Ironclad frees legal teams to be the strategic advisors they’re meant to be. Ironclad is used by modern General Counsels and their teams at companies like Dropbox, L’Oréal and Fitbit to unlock the power of their contracts data. Ironclad has recently been named the seventh best place to work in the bay area (Fortune), and one of the 25 startups most likely to achieve unicorn status (Forbes). The company is backed by investors like Accel, Sequoia, Y Combinator and Emergence Capital.
For this role, we’re looking for a critical member of Ironclad’s story team. Rolling up to product marketing, the story team encompasses communications and content marketing, and is responsible for (1) designing and refining the Ironclad narrative, (2) generating the content that conveys the narrative, and (3) analyzing the effectiveness of 1 and 2.
You’re perfect for this role if you are a clear and effusive communicator, both on the page and amongst your colleagues. You can shift quickly from strategy to execution and back. You excel on small teams. You empathize with your readers, and you’re driven to serve them.
Things you’ll spend your time on:
- Writing: Using words precisely — and in the right quantity — to convey ideas in a way that makes people want to read them.
- Editing: Taking other peoples’ words and making them more precise and engaging.
- Deck building: Creating engaging content experiences in Google Slides to support the executive team, sales, and webinars.
- Narrative design: Figuring out what stories and ideas our audience needs to hear.
- Content strategy: Figuring out how to effectively tell our stories with content.
- Production: Working with design and development to turn words into a finished product (or, if necessary, handling it all on your own).
- Project management: Working with contributors up, across, and outside the organization to make sure work ships on time.
- Research: Going down the rabbit hole of a new topic and coming out an expert, armed with stats and quotes.
- Interviewing: Gathering primary source information through interviews with customers, employees, and industry leaders.
- Analysis: Turning data into useful insights, and presenting those insights to your audience or team.
- Audio/Visual content: Creating and editing audio/video content (podcasts, recorded webinars, interviews).
Key skills / What we are looking for:
- A portfolio with a variety of exceptional writing and polished work.
- 3+ years of experience in content marketing or communications.
- Experience in B2B SaaS, startups, and/or high performing content teams.
- A keen understanding of funnels, buyer’s journeys, and audience segmentation.
- Ability to channel a voice and modulate tone.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas simply.
- Hip to the internet’s best content.
- Project management acumen.
- An eye for design.
- Basic audio/video editing skills.
- Experience working in or around the legal field.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.