Ironclad HQ (San Francisco, CA) /
Product & Engineering /
Ironclad is the leading digital contracting platform for legal teams. By streamlining contract workflows, from creation and approvals to compliance and insights, Ironclad frees legal teams to be the strategic advisors they’re meant to be. Ironclad is used by modern General Counsels and their teams at companies like Dropbox, L’Oréal and Fitbit to unlock the power of their contracts data. Ironclad was named one of the 20 Rising Stars as part of the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world. The company is backed by investors like Accel, Sequoia, Y Combinator and Emergence Capital.
Contracts are the atomic unit of business - everything important that a company does involves a contract: sales, purchases, hires, everything. The process for making a contract happen isn’t that different from the software lifecycle: a cross functional group collaborates on a technical document that essentially needs to be executable - just in a courtroom instead of a computer. Most legal teams are still stuck doing things manually, emailing versions of these documents around seeking approval and revisions with no easy way to automate workflows. Simple questions like “what is blocking this contract?” can be really difficult to answer since the information is locked in someone’s inbox.
Engineering @ Ironclad
As an Engineer at Ironclad, you'll work cross-functionally to identify business problems and architect, build, and verify solutions. You'll build a platform that lets lawyers scale themselves and their businesses 100x more effectively. At Ironclad, we’ve built a product that brings a two thousand year old profession into the digital age, and you’ll play a pivotal role in driving the foundation forward.
We seek engineers with strong coding fundamentals and a track record of shipping high quality products. We work in a highly collaborative environment, and strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture. If you’d like to join us on our mission to build the product that legal teams love, let’s talk!
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, and other engineers to spec, design, and build features and systems
- Work with quality engineers to define, build and maintain testing strategy
- Provide thoughtful feedback to others on the team
- Help interview and recruit talented engineers to Ironclad
- Work on a modern stack built upon: TypeScript, ReactJS, Node.js, Java, and Docker containers in Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform (experience with these specific technologies not required)
What we look for:
- At least 2+ years experience using CS fundamentals, and OOP methodologies to build software projects and / or contribute to open source communities. Industry experience is a plus.
- Experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems
- A high bar for quality
- Passionate about learning and sharing knowledge
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent technical experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness reimbursement
- Take what you need vacation policy
- Generous parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers
- Commuter benefits
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.