Legal Counsel - Commercial
Ironclad HQ (San Francisco, CA) /
Legal & HR /
Ironclad is the #1 contract lifecycle management platform for innovative companies. L’Oréal, Staples, Mastercard, and other leading innovators use Ironclad to collaborate and negotiate on contracts, accelerate contracting while maintaining compliance, and turn contracts into critical carriers of operational business intelligence. It’s the only platform flexible enough to handle every type of contract workflow, whether a sales agreement, an HR agreement or a complex NDA. The company was named one of the 20 Rising Stars on the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, and is backed by leading investors like Accel, Y Combinator, Sequoia, and Bond. For more information, visit www.ironcladapp.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
We are excited about expanding our Legal Team! Specifically, we’re searching for an experienced Commercial Counsel who will report directly to our General Counsel and closely partner with our rapidly growing Sales organization. You’ll also be a trusted business partner to other teams across the company and share Ironclad’s pragmatic, thoughtful, creative, collaborative, technology and process-driven approaches when providing legal and business guidance. While commercial contracts will be your bread and butter, you will also be responsible for a wide range of legal matters and for supporting Ironclad’s operations, marketing, product and customer success teams. We’re looking for an athlete, who is intellectually curious and interested in mastering new subject-matter areas. As part of a close-knit, results-driven, and collaborative Legal Team, you will play an important role in maintaining and shaping the culture, objectives, and execution strategy of the Ironclad Legal Team and the entire company.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- JD from an accredited law school and an active bar membership.
- 3-6 years of related legal experience, with a focus on commercial transactions, including extensive experience negotiating software/SaaS and enterprise B2B transactions.
- Experience working at a software/SaaS company or working with software/SaaS clients preferred.
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial transactions, including SaaS customer agreements, professional services and partnership agreements, NDAs, DPAs, BAAs, vendor agreements, and other related agreements.
- Partnering with Sales, Sales Operations, Finance, Security, Customer Success, and other functions to ensure efficient and effective legal support for commercial transactions.
- Providing strategic advice on a broad range of areas applicable to commercial transactions, including general commercial, regulatory, data protection, and intellectual property issues.
- Collaborating with the team to evolve the commercial legal function, by identifying opportunities to centralize knowledge and creating scalable processes to increase visibility and expedite communication, alignment, and execution.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- A profound love for contracts.
- High EQ. Low Ego.
- Intellectually curious and comfortable pitching in on any legal task or project with a “no task-too-big-or-small” attitude.
- Working knowledge of privacy and data protection regulations and revenue recognition principles.
- Excellent drafting skills and ability to adapt legal requirements in balanced, creative, and pragmatic ways, consistent with company objectives, policies, and processes.
- Excellent negotiator, able to effectively navigate issues externally and internally, with proven ability to influence.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records