Ironclad HQ (San Francisco, CA)
Ironclad is the leading digital contracting platform for legal teams. By streamlining contract workflows, from creation and approvals to compliance and insights, Ironclad frees legal to be the strategic advisors they’re meant to be. Ironclad is used by modern General Counsels and their teams at companies like Dropbox, AppDynamics and Fitbit to unlock the power of their contracts data. Ironclad was named one of the 20 Rising Stars as part of the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world. The company is backed by investors like Accel, Sequoia, Y Combinator and Emergence Capital.
As our first dedicated Accounting hire, you'll be an integral member of our Finance & Operations team in building systems from the ground up to support us as our business scales rapidly. You’ll partner across departments to create a culture of collaboration between the Finance team and business owners.
- Prepare financial reports, compile financial statements, and ensure general compliance.
- Drive monthly & quarterly close process; prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, GL entries, budgeting and bank reconciliations.
- Devise & execute strategy to lead Ironclad through internal & external review and audits.
- Deliver timely internal and external reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
- Assist with annual and other tax return requests; prepare tax schedules and answer tax inquiries.
- Implement recommendations to improve accounting policies and procedures.
- Recognize business leverage of financial data and metrics to measure results and devise strategies for improvements.
- Execute on ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA.
- 8+ years of work experience.
- Background with Big 4 Accounting firm and relevant reporting experience preferred.
- SaaS experience a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and ability to present findings in concise manner.
- Strong knowledge of key concepts such as US GAAP, Accrual Accounting & ASC 606.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.