Product Quality Engineer
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering, Product & Design – Engineering /
Ironclad is the #1 contract lifecycle management platform for innovative companies. L’Oréal, Staples, Mastercard, and other leading innovators use Ironclad to collaborate and negotiate on contracts, accelerate contracting while maintaining compliance, and turn contracts into critical carriers of operational business intelligence. It’s the only platform flexible enough to handle every type of contract workflow, whether a sales agreement, an HR agreement or a complex NDA. The company was named one of the 20 Rising Stars on the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, and is backed by leading investors like Accel, Y Combinator, Sequoia, and Bond. For more information, visit www.ironcladapp.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Contracts are the atomic unit of business - everything important that a company does involves a contract: sales, purchases, hires, everything. The process for making a contract happen isn’t that different from the software lifecycle: a cross-functional group collaborates on a technical document that essentially needs to be executable - just in a courtroom instead of a computer. Most legal teams are still stuck doing things manually, emailing versions of these documents around seeking approval and revisions with no easy way to automate workflows. Simple questions like “what is blocking this contract?” can be really difficult to answer since the information is locked in someone’s inbox.
Quality Engineering @ Ironclad
As a Product Quality Engineer, you'll be working as a part of a cross-functional team to identify business needs, assist in planning projects around those needs, then create and execute test plans that will help to deliver a quality product. You'll be testing and acting as a user advocate for a platform that lets lawyers scale themselves 100x more effectively.
At Ironclad, we’ve built a product that brings a two thousand year old profession into the digital age, and you’ll play a pivotal role in driving the foundation forward. We work in a highly collaborative environment, and strive to foster a positive, inclusive culture. If you’d like to join us on our mission to build the product that legal teams love, let’s talk!
What you’ll do:
- Work with a cross-functional team to deliver an intuitive and polished web application that empowers the legal function at leading organizations
- Design, document and execute test plans to identify defects and continuously improve Quality process as part of the Software development lifecycle
- Employ user empathy to provide usability feedback and insights on how to best ensure that features meets or exceeds expectations and creates a user positive experience
- Review design and product specifications to ensure it addresses customer use cases, proactively identify potential areas of risk and discuss potential solutions
- Utilize version control, cloud hosting, CI tools to effectively test complex business logic on our web application built on a modern stack (TypeScript, ReactJS, Node.js, Java, and Docker containers in Kubernetes on Google Cloud Platform)
What we look for:
- A software quality engineer with a track record of shipping a high quality product
- Experience on a high caliber QE team is a plus
- Track record of leading quality initiatives or projects as part of a cross-functional team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill set with the ability to anticipate problems and propose solutions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and express user empathy with partners across the business
- A self-starter with attention to detail and a passion for learning and growing
- Desire to work cross-functionally (experience in legal space not required)
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or STEM related field) OR equivalent work experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness reimbursement
- Take what you need vacation policy
- Generous parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.