Platform Software Engineer (All levels)
San Francisco, CA /
Engineering, Product & Design – Engineering /
Ironclad is the #1 contract lifecycle management platform for innovative companies. Every company, in every country, in every industry runs on contracts, but managing these contracts slows companies down and costs them millions of dollars. L’Oréal, Staples, Mastercard, and other leading innovators use Ironclad to collaborate and negotiate on contracts, accelerate contracting while maintaining compliance, and turn contracts into critical carriers of operational business intelligence. It’s the only platform flexible enough to handle every type of contract workflow, whether a sales agreement, an HR agreement or a complex NDA.
Ironclad’s innovation and work culture has been recognized by Forbes’ 50 Most Promising AI Companies in 2021, Fortune’s Best Small & Medium Workplaces 2021, Fast Company’s 2020 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Glassdoor’s best Machine Learning startup, Enterprise Tech 30 List, and is backed by leading investors like Accel, Y Combinator, Sequoia, and Bond. For more information, visit www.ironcladapp.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Software Engineer, Platform Infrastructure sits under the umbrella of Product and Engineering and plays a pivotal role in ensuring our developers have the tools, infrastructure, and systems to provide our customers with reliable, secure, and scalable software.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop a workable knowledge of some combination of: Terraform, Kustomize, Ansible and Kubernetes.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an investigative mentality, decision making ability and a capacity for strategic and associative thinking
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Understanding of Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery in the software engineering process and can clearly articulate how a Software Engineer, Platform Infrastructure facilitates these practices in collaboration with the Development, Quality Assurance and Technical Operations teams to drive business goals
- Ability to demonsatrate a clear, energetic and excited interest in automating everything (build, test, release/deploy, monitoring, reporting), which includes Infrastructure as Code
- Preference for collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Thorough understanding of backup/recovery systems, development automation routines, storage area networks and virtualization.
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux web-based solutions
- Develop an understanding of the near, mid, and long-term needs of the business and how the work of the Platform infrastructure team contributes
- Influence architectural decisions with a focus on security, scalability, and high performance
- Our team values collaboration and continuous improvement; we are looking for teammates who have a desire to learn and are excited about sharing their knowledge with others
- BA or BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience. MS in CS a plus.
- 2+ years of coding (Python, Golang, Shell Scripting, Rust, etc), scaling, and architecture work
- Expert knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (or similar provider)
- Experience with Build and Deployment tools such as Terraform, Kustomize, and Kubernetes
- Experience in Airflow preferred, but not required
- Experience with multi-region support is a plus
- Experience with ELK Stack, MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL is a plus
- Solid understanding of Core SRE principles
- Strong technical aptitude and exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and respond to different escalations
- Fantastic troubleshooting and analytical skills, drive to help customers, and the ability to dive deep and learn a new product.
- Experience and desire to work cross-functionally
- Team and goal-oriented. High output; low ego
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k Plan
- Take what you need vacation policy
- Generous parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers
- Health coverage is 100% for employees and 75% for dependents
- Remote optional days for in office-hub teammates
- One-time paid work from home stipend
- Commuter benefits for employees who commute to office
- Lunch & office snacks for days we work in office
- Flexible working hours / work life balance
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.