Ironclad HQ (San Francisco, CA) /
Business Operations /
Ironclad is the #1 contract lifecycle management platform for innovative companies. L’Oréal, Staples, Mastercard, and other leading innovators use Ironclad to collaborate and negotiate on contracts, accelerate contracting while maintaining compliance, and turn contracts into critical carriers of operational business intelligence. It’s the only platform flexible enough to handle every type of contract workflow, whether a sales agreement, an HR agreement or a complex NDA. The company was named one of the 20 Rising Stars on the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, and is backed by leading investors like Accel, Y Combinator, Sequoia, and Bond. For more information, visit www.ironcladapp.com or follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
We're looking for an Accounting Manager to oversee our accounting activities. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for maintaining general accounting practices and policies, developing and monitoring internal accounting controls, producing US GAAP compliant reporting and managing day-to-day accounting operations and period close. You'll address tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit coordination and the support of budget and forecast activities. You will report directly to our Controller and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
What will you be doing?
- Manage the month-end/quarter-end and year-end financial closing, which includes the full revenue recognition process (SaaS preferably).
- Monitoring and managing monthly bookings from various sales sources
- Help with the preparation of consolidated GAAP financial statements including document preparation, data analysis, integrity validation and reconciliation processes.
- Work on successful annual audit process and prepare technical accounting memorandums as needed.
- Continually improve and strengthen the internal control environment.
- Be the technical lead to assess, implement changes, and monitor compliance based on ASC 606, 718, new FASB pronouncements, and any other industry technical guidance.
- Prepare quarterly ASC 718 stock-based compensation expense entries and ensure the proper recording of all equity activity for both common and preferred stock transactions.
- Oversee the recording of US payroll and ensure that all deadlines are met consistently.
- Assist with US and international corporate tax preparation and prepare and submit sales tax.
- Collaborate closely with cross functional teams (Operations, Sales, HR, IT and FP&A).
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- CPA license preferred or Big 4 experience a plus
- Experience at a small to mid-sized organization with a SaaS business model and “ownership” of accounting function
- Hands-on and proactive approach to problem solving, in addition to being highly detail-oriented and the ability to multitask
- Advanced knowledge in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to succinctly communicate complex messaging in a credible and clear manner
- Experience in people management
- Knowledge in these areas is a plus: Intaact, Quickbooks, Xero, Tallie, Expensify. Bill.com, Avalara, Paylocity, SaaSOptics
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.