Ironclad HQ (San Francisco, CA)
Ironclad is the leading digital contracting platform for legal teams. By streamlining contract workflows, from creation and approval to compliance and insights, Ironclad frees legal to be the strategic advisors they’re meant to be. Ironclad is used by modern General Counsels and their teams at companies like Staples, Mastercard, Dropbox, AppDynamics and Fitbit to unlock the power of their contract data. Ironclad was named one of the 20 Rising Stars as part of the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, and is backed by investors like Accel, Sequoia, Y Combinator and Emergence Capital.
About the team:
We are excited about expanding our Legal Team! Specifically, we’re searching for an experienced Commercial Counsel who will report directly to our General Counsel and closely partner with our rapidly growing Sales organization. You’ll also be a trusted business partner to other teams across the company and share Ironclad’s pragmatic, thoughtful, creative, collaborative, technology and process-driven approaches when providing legal and business guidance. While commercial contracts will be your bread and butter, you will also be responsible for a wide range of legal matters and for supporting Ironclad’s operations, marketing, customer success and product teams. We’re looking for an athlete, who is intellectually curious and interested in mastering new subject-matter areas. Ultimately, you’ll be expected to advise on topics that fall outside of commercial contracts like data protection, security, risk management, marketing and promotions, and general operations. As part of a close-knit, results-driven, and collaborative Legal Team, you will play an important role in maintaining and shaping the culture, objectives, and execution strategy of the Ironclad Legal Team and the entire company.
Requirements & Responsibilities
- 3-6 years of in-house commercial transactional experience, preferably at a VC-backed technology company.
- J.D. with membership in at least one U.S. state bar (CA or NY preferred).
- Strong commercial experience: drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on a variety of agreement types with an emphasis on SaaS enterprise sales agreements and ancillary documentation; navigating in a commercial context issues relating to data protection and privacy, security, intellectual property and risk management, marketing and promotions and general operations & processes.
- Contract management experience: understanding contract management principles and the ability to craft and implement guidelines and training (e.g., template improvement and harmonization, documentation and negotiation guidelines, ensuring consistent contractual positions and providing training to internal business partners).
Key Skills & Attributes
- A profound love for contracts
- High EQ. Low Ego.
- Excellent commercial negotiation and drafting skills.
- Entrepreneurial, comfortable with technology and can drive impact and clarity with limited resources and a high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Ability to comfortably dive into any new area of the business or product, understand business needs and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.