Data Engineer - TS/SCI
Reston, VA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
We are actively looking for a Data Engineer in Reston, VA to support the development of mission-critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities. The Data Engineer will create ETL processes, develop cloud data pipelines, conduct data analysis, and create data visualizations. This role will maintain responsibility for the maintenance, improvement, cleaning, and manipulation of data in the business operational and analytics databases. The Data Engineer will work with the business’s software engineers, data analytics teams, data scientists, and data warehouse engineers to comprehend and aid in the implementation of database requirements, analyze performance, and troubleshoot any existent issues. Due to the nature of the role, only U.S. Citizens may be considered.
- Design and develop reusable data pipelines to support batch and stream processing of large volumes of structured and unstructured data
- Collaborate with team members including Business Analysts, Data Scientists, Machine Learning (ML) engineers and Application Developers to solve complex problems and fulfill business requirements
- Develop code to automate ETL, cleansing, and other processes to support exploratory data science analysis and model development
- Utilize open-source and secure cloud-native services to implement data pipelines and orchestrate complex process flows
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Instrument controls to measure and monitor pipelines and report metrics on data quality and performance
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and similar
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data, and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Implement security controls to secure and protect data “at rest” and “in transit” and restrict access to only users and systems with required privileges
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing developed products into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- US Citizens with active TS/SCI
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer implementing data processing pipelines
- Experience working in model development teams composed of Data Scientists and Machine Learning (ML) Engineers
- Graduate degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and MongoDB
- Experience with data pipelines and workflow management tools such as Airflow and MLFlow
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools: Cloud Formation, Terraform or similar
- Experience with object-oriented and functional programming languages: Python, Java, Scala
- Fluent in at least one major big data/stream processing tool: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, or similar
- Experience supporting intelligence mission-based projects
- Expertise in Data Science tools and ML frameworks including Jupyter notebooks, TensorFlow, PyTorch, AWS Sagemaker, and similar
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.