Senior Database Administrator
Washington, DC /
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services LLC is hiring a Senior Database Administrator in Washington DC. This role will provide database administration, migration, and maintenance support for all ICE ASB managed database to provide accessible, secure, stable, scalable, and reliable databases.
- Support database installations, deployments, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Maintain database integrity, availability, and security.
- Evaluate, advise, design, configure, implement, optimize, and maintain the OS and middleware including, or similar to list above for all platforms, development through production.
- Create scripts to support complex, repetitive, or administrative tasks.
- Support virtual environment design, implementation, operations, and maintenance.
- Solve operational problems involving OS software design and implementation errors.
- Monitor OS software and middleware performance.
- Coordinate OS upgrades and middleware upgrades and maintenance independently or in some cases with involvement of the development staff.
- Follow appropriate configuration management practices.
- Administer web-based, client-server, and host-based applications.
- Create startup/shutdown procedures or scripts as requested.
- Create Disaster Recovery (DR) procedures for data, applications, and infrastructure.
- Apply maintenance, upgrades, and enhancements on all COTS products supported.
- Support ICE organizations executing COTS products and in-house application systems running on the ASB supported environments.
- Implement error handling for all web-based systems. Error handling shall include instructions for Service Desk support. The instructions shall provide on call contact numbers and e-mail address for ICE infrastructure and application support.
- Maintain all system monitoring tools and resource monitoring software and respond to alerts.
- Achieve an application system up-time of 24/7/365 within one year, by expanding current practices to continue rolling-wave OS patching, and the implementation automation using blue/green application migrations and parallel production stacks to include zero downtime of production systems.
- Track application performance by providing end-to-end application and transaction monitoring.
- Review required reports for accuracy and performing trend and performance analysis.
- Implement quality control measures to provide feedback to the TTM with specific information to support application design improvements.
- Update Confluence with electronic documentation in the form of Logical Design Diagrams of all systems architecture components and configurations for ASB managed environments.
- Bachelor's degree and six years of related experience or trade school certification and more than eight years of related experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Experience support database products such as Oracle (19c) or newer, PostgreSQL, AWS Aurora, Mongo
- Experience supporting environments such as Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Experience maintaining database system integrity and security.
- Experience implementing and supporting Oracle Cluster Ready Services.
- Experience applying maintenance, enhancements, and security patching
- Understanding of Federal Server security and hardening requirements and solutions
- Remains in a stationary position less than 50% of the time during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
- Ability to move about the office to complete job requirements multiple times throughout the day
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.