Audit Liaison & Remediation Analyst
USA - Remote /
Finance and Accounting /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services is looking to add an Audit Liaison & Remediation Analyst to our growing team.
- Provide assessments and improvements of financial statement auditability
- Apply pertinent Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) policies and federal financial management systems requirements
- Perform financial statement audits and audit readiness services
- Perform root cause analysis research, identify problem area, assist with the development of corrective action plans, and explain the results of audit assessments and/or findings resulting from a financial statement audit
- Maintaining relationships and communicating with key client personnel to understand business operations, processes, and functions
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to client situations
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to perform root cause analysis
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and team members
- Ability to balance multiple projects concurrently
- Apply innovative methodologies that support an audit
- Review and evaluate internal controls and supporting documentation
- Determine compliance with policies and if selected law/regulations are met.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting
- CPA, CGFM, CFE, or CIA desirable
- Minimum 3 years of experience with:
- Department of Defense (DoD) accounting
- Providing assessments and improvements of financial statement auditability
- Applying pertinent Financial Accounting Standards Advisory Board (FASAB) policies and federal financial management systems requirements
- Performing financial statement audits and audit readiness services within the DoD, another Federal government agency or department, or Fortune 500 companies
- Experience with DoD Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR), DoD audits, or DoD audit remediation
- Experience developing and/or implementing audit corrective action plans
- Experience performing root cause analysis
- Experience with internal control assessments, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circular A-136, Financial Reporting Requirements, Manager’s Internal Control Program (MICP), or enterprise risk management (ERM) desirable
- Active U.S. secret level security clearance (requires US Citizenship)
- Active U.S. top secret level security clearance highly desirable
- Knowledge of GAAP, GAGAS, DoD financial management policies and procedures and DoD organizational structures.
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.