Data Scientist- Secret Clearance
Arlington, VA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services LLC, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business has an opening for a Data Scientist to join our growing company in Arlington, VA. Due to the nature of the work, only U.S. Citizens will be considered for this position.
The Data Scientist is a strategic team member with knowledge of software engineering and agile development. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the Java, Scala, R, Spark, REST API, AWS, S3, PostgreSQL, Big Data and SQL/Data Modeling.
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new cutting-edge technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The Data Scientist will play a key role in developing next generation data analytics platform leveraging latest data science technologies, DevOps, cloud computing, and Data Lake / big data technologies.
- Provide data science support to perform feature engineering on data sources, develop association rule-based models designed to extract signals from data feeds and predict the likelihood of an activity based on patterns
- Identify new machine learning and advanced analytics methodologies based on available data sets, and implement dynamic models/algorithms
- Manipulating data from disparate data sources, building machine learning and deep learning models
- Assist in the design, development, testing, and validation of multiple modeling design concepts to include but not limited to statistical, mathematical, and simulation models
- Develop Data solutions within a Cloud-native environment
- Develop solutions to enable metadata/rules engine driven data analytics application leveraging open source and/or cloud native components
- Passion for learning, growing, and mentor team members on the fine art of data engineering and advanced data science technologies
- Develop solutions in a highly collaborative and agile environment
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or a related field
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- 5-8 yrs. of related experience in Data analytics and Machine Learning,Analysis of algorithms, software, and software architectures, Pattern analysis, Running multiple models and improving quality of detection
- Experience with open source and programming language such as: Python, R, Java, Groovy, and/or SQL
- Experience with Tools: ETL tools (e.g., Streamsets, Nifi, Informatica, Trifacta, etc.), DataStax (Cassandra, Solr, DSE Graph, Spark), Kafka, Apache Spark (or other big data processing tools), Cloud (AWS, Azure or equivalent)
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.