Senior Software Engineer
USA - Remote /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services LLC, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business has an opening for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our growing company in Norfolk, VA. Due to the nature of the work, only U.S. Citizens will be considered for this position.
- Perform a variety of systematic, disciplined, and quantifiable approaches to the development, operation, and maintenance of software, encompassing techniques and procedures often regulated by a software development process with the purpose of improving the reliability and maintainability of software systems.
- Establish software information and engineering requirements which is necessitated by the potential complexity of those software systems, which may contain millions of lines of code.
- Apply the discipline of software engineering for specific technical problems and procedures, including knowledge, tools, and methods for software requirements, software design, software construction, software testing, and software maintenance tasks.
- Relate the disciplines of software engineering to the disciplines of computer science, computer engineering, management, mathematics, project management, quality management, software ergonomics, and systems engineering.
- Use of SQL Server 2014+
- Use of Visual Studio 2017+
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience building class libraries with interacting classes
- Experience with an ORM tool
- Experience developing with n-tiered applications
- Experience with Database design and development – SQL, Views, Query Optimization
- Nice to have:
- Developed with the DevExpress component suite
- Developed with NHibernate or comparable object/relational-mapper libraries
- Developed with the Spring.NET framework
- Designed and built-out a database schema and or object-oriented domain model
- Developed extract-transform-load (ETL) packages in SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Developed with Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- Microsoft.NET certification
- Knowledge of web services and WS-* standards
- Use of RESTful services via client-side Ajax
- Knowledge of business intelligence and data warehousing
- Experience with scripting languages and MSBuild
- 12+ Years Total Experience as a Software Engineer
- 2 years of experience with Object-Oriented design & development in C#
- 2 years of experience with ASP.NET MVC
- 2 years of experience with SQL
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) required
- Active Secret Security Clearance required
- Remains in a stationary position less than 50% of the time during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
- Ability to move about the office to complete job requirements multiple time throughout the day
- Balancing. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and moving, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Constantly positions self to maintain computers, hardware/ equipment in the office, including under desks and in a server closet
- No travel required; remote option may be available
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.