Reston, VA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad is actively looking for a UX Engineer to support development of mission critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities for intelligence mission. The UX Engineer will work closely with application and model development teams to design and deliver intuitive interfaces including UIs, APIs and Machine Learning (ML) models. As members of cross-functional Product Design and App Development teams, the UX engineer will empathize with end users and analyze their deep-rooted concerns, develop wireframe mockups and prototypes and conduct usability testing to iteratively build sustainable and scalable product designs.
- Design intuitive user interfaces for enterprise web-based applications to provide best end-user experiences for intel analysts
- Design web pages, graphics, multimedia, and UI Style guidelines
- Develop and present documentation, user flows, annotated wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Create persona village, journey maps, user interfaces, graphics, multimedia, and UI Style guidelines
- Develop wireframes and prototypes in a clean, well structured, and easily navigable format using Adobe CC, Axure RP, InVision, Sketch and/or another relevant tool
- Utilize storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
- Perform user-centered design practices and have an eye for detail
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Work as a member of the development team.
- Conduct usability testing/508 compliance check
- Analyze user feedback and activity to enhance the user experience
- US Citizens with active TS/SCI
- 3-5 years’ experience as UX engineer with track record of designing intuitive web applications
- Demonstrated experience analyzing end-users concerns and developing UX artifacts including wireframes and user journey maps
- Proficient in visual design and wireframing tools such as adobe, InVision, Axure or Sketch
- Experience working with end-users to facilitate UX workshops and conduct usability testing
- Experience developing flow diagrams, graphic designs, storyboards, and site maps
- Professional written and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with visual design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Product Design and similar
- Experience designing impactful web applications for intel missions
- Experience working in multi-domain classified environments involving low-side development and high-side deployment
- Master’s degree in HCI, Product Design and similar
- Remains in a stationary position less than 50% of the time during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
- Ability to move about the office to complete job requirements multiple times throughout the day
- Balancing. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and moving, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.