Lead Site Reliability Engineer
San Antonio, TX /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad is hiring a Lead Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our team located in San Antonio-Lackland, TX. You will build and maintain infrastructure as code on large-scale multi-site deployments while utilizing your experience to evaluate and assess new ways to scale platform capabilities. In addition, you'll automate workflows to help push the limit of the infrastructure and enable continuous delivery of capabilities onto a hybrid infrastructure. As a key member of the technical team, you'll troubleshoot issues until root causes are understood on high traffic production systems, participate in design and code review processes, interact with product owners to coordinate infrastructure changes and be responsible for identifying bottlenecks and improving the performance of our platform.
- Contribute to reusable automation scripts, libraries, services, and tools to increase system and process efficiencies
- Build automation leveraging CI/CD processes, automated testing, unit testing, code coverage and other software development best practices
- Partnering with the security teams and tools to continually review and understand new industry security threats, associated technologies and quickly addressing vulnerabilities
- Pursue opportunities to further operational excellence by increasing efficiency and reducing risk, complexity, waste and cost
- Partner with key stakeholders to establish technical direction and negotiate technical decision points to drive innovative solutions
- Drive technical design and validation, while ensuring implementation aligns with our technical strategies and strategic business goals
- Develop architectural designs for applications building something to delight clients while managing costs to deliver these applications
- System design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Continuously measure, monitor, and maximize availability, efficiency, and performance of live services, applications, and systems.
Professional and Technical Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree; or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years experience in implementing and monitoring Service Level Objectives (SLOs) & Error Budgets, reducing toil, monitoring SLIs, Anti-fragility, performance management, and incident management
- 3+ years experience in providing technical guidance to other engineers on automation/build tools
- Experience with Kubernetes and Terraform
- Version Control, CI/CD, CM, Monitoring tools
- Privileged User Certification
- DoD 01-M IASAE Level II
- TS/SCI Clearance
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.