Virginia Beach, VA /
Finance and Accounting /
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad is seeking a Staff Accountant to support their corporate headquarters in Virginia Beach, VA. The Staff Accountant will be a key member of the Finance and Accounting Team and will be responsible for managing and overseeing various accounting functions and operations, including bi-monthly payroll. Reporting to the CFO, the Staff Accountant will assist in all aspects of the day-to-day accounting and month-end close processes, including journal entries, payables, timekeeping, labor distribution while ensuring accuracy and completeness. Experience in accounting for federal government contracts, a strong working understanding of FAR/DFAR and GAAP, CAS Disclosure Statement knowledge, and solid proficiency with Jamis or other ERP is preferred.
- Manage and process company-wide timekeeping, labor distribution, payroll, and accompanying journal entry on a bi-monthly basis (responsible for outsourced payroll through a PEO)
- Create periodic billing and revenue batches for assigned portfolio of contracts; upload or send invoices to the customer; track invoices through payment
- Manage the productivity and effectiveness of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, & general ledger
- Reviewing coding of vendor invoices to ensure accurate and consistent coding and of all expenses
- Assist with the preparation of vendor/employee ACH payments
- Assist in the accurate and timely execution of month-end close processes, allowing for timely management reporting
- Assist with preparation of monthly Financial Management Reporting
- Performing account analysis and reconciliation, including bank statements and general ledger accounts, and work collaboratively with Finance & Accounting Team to ensure all accounts are accurately displayed.
- Evaluate, implement, and enhance systems to further automate processes for efficiencies and effectiveness while maintaining internal controls and adhering to government regulatory compliance
- Assist with audit fieldwork and work paper creation for external auditors and Tax accountants
- Assist with Fixed Asset Administration
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Minimum Years of Experience: 3-5 years of related financial experience, including significant government contracting accounting experience
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or Business related field
- Strong US GAAP and FAR knowledge and CAS knowledge
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Preferred Skills And Experience
- Prior experience with government contracting entity providing services to government clients
- Development and implementation of finance and accounting policies and procedures; system implementation experience a plus
- Ability to provide guidance and train accounting and finance staff on proper internal controls
- Proficiency with MS Office suite; expert Excel proficiency a plus
- Report writing experience a plus
- Significant experience with Jamis or other ERP
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the workday
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually, frequently viewing a computer screen.
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to move about the office to complete job requirements multiple time throughout the day
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.