San Diego, CA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad’s vision is to be an agent of change by delivering products and services that fundamentally impact the way our customers do business, creating unique value for our customers through innovation, agility, and efficiency. Likewise, we aspire to be a hub of technical and operational expertise, attracting and retaining the best and brightest talent in our industry. Ironclad has an opening for a Cybersecurity Engineer to join our growing company in San Diego, CA. The cybersecurity engineer will work with a specialized team to develop cyber security policies, training, and guidance for commands and programs.
- Support an overall assessment and requirements development of the existing mission environment and work collaboratively with the team to develop a cybersecurity compliance roadmap to ensure a proactive posture
- Support development of overall cybersecurity framework SOPs, policies and training adhering to CCORI requirements
- Support development of cybersecurity publications, manuals, training processes, guides. This includes developing policies that aligning people, processes, and technologies to Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, and Recover from mission impacting cyber-attacks This includes but not limited to:
- Cybersecurity instructions
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scanning
- Patching process for each CNAP afloat network
- Continuity of Operations
- Electronic Spillage
- Incident Response
- Commander’s Cyber Risk
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Effectiveness of controls of each individual control
- Mission Mapping
- MITRE ATT&CK Framework
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Strong intrapersonal skills and ability to collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Strong attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) security regulations and US Navy Combat Systems methodologies for the afloat community.
- Understanding of accreditation of Navy systems and software management.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Navy information security
- Experience with DoD RMF/ATO process to perform assessment and authorization, IA controls and preparing artifacts. Experience with CCRI or CCORI is desirable
- Must be proficient in eMASS, VRAM experience is desirable
- Cognizance of various DoD policies and regulations (e.g. 8500, 5200), and ability to interpret such policies and regulations as are provided to the Afloat community
- Review and provide feedback on DoD cybersecurity documents, orders and instructions
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills to carry out this assignment with the ability to lead and work as part of a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products to include Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must comply with certification requirements identified in DoD 8570.01M for IAM Level II or equivalent (CAP, CASP+ CE, CISM, CISSP, GSLC, CCISO)
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance required
- Remains in a stationary position less than 50% of the time during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks; viewing a computer screen less than 50% of the time during the work day
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
- Ability to move about the office to complete job requirements multiple times throughout the day
- Balancing. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and moving, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces
- Constantly positions self to maintain computers, hardware/ equipment in the office
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.