USA - Remote /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad is actively looking for a mid-level System Administrator to support infrastructure automation and operations of a high visibility initiative by the Department of Treasury. The System Administrator will collaborate with a cross-functional team in engineering and automating repetitive processes and operationalize highly available, secure, and resilient environments in a hybrid cloud infrastructure.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Engineer, operate, and maintain secure infrastructure environments composed of 200+ servers
- Build, automate and maintain development, test, pre-prod, production, and alternate site production environments
- Triage and troubleshoot technical issues, deduce root cause, and quickly resolve problems
- Install and configure server patches, software upgrades, and fixes
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all servers, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Collaborate across multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to ensure timely support and resolution
- Research and recommend innovative approaches to automate processes, improve resiliency and achieve better outcomes
- 4+ years experience as hands-on System Administrator supporting infrastructure environments involving VMWare vSphere and RHEL OS v7 and higher
- Experience configuring middleware such as WebSphere, JBoss, Web Methods, and similar
- Expert understanding and experience developing bash scripts to automate complex processes
- Hands-on experience with ITSM processes and tools such as BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, or similar
- Strong work ethic and takes ownership of tasks through completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills especially documentation
- Due to the nature of the contract US citizenship is required.
- Hands-on experience automating configuration management using Ansible or similar
- Certifications in RHEL, Ansible, and similar
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.