IT System Security Specialist
Arlington, VA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services is hiring an IT System Security Specialist to provide mission support in defending our nation's communications infrastructure. Under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency (CISA), the National Communication Coordination Branch (NCC) monitors threats to our national security and emergency response communications.
Located in Arlington, VA, the IT System Security Specialist will be responsible for documenting, implementing, auditing, and proposing improvements to security implementation of NCC systems. The IT System Security Specialist will perform the role as the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) relating to completion of Certification and Accreditation (C&A), Authorization to Operate (ATO), security scans, network defense design, intrusion analysis, and security protocols.
- Develop and maintain certification and accreditation packages for NCC IT system applications and infrastructure according to DHS policies and standards, particularly the DHS Sensitive Systems Policy Directive 4300A, Version 13.1, July 27, 2017; and the companion publication DHS 4300A Sensitive Systems Handbook, Version 12.0, November 15, 2015 for SBU
- Conduct and participate in security testing and evaluation, system policy and procedure development, risk assessments and compliance support activities.
- Review audit logs and oversee all security aspects of the system life cycle.
- Support planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, integration and maintenance of information systems security.
- Provide security engineering support for application and integration testing of software / hardware.
- Verify that protective measures for physical security threats such as deadbolt locks on doors, placement of electrical wiring, etc., are in place.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements concerning the use of commercial proprietary software, e.g., respecting copyrights and obtaining site licenses.
- Maintain an inventory of hardware and software within the program/development offices or field site facility.
- Attend Government provided security awareness and related training programs and distributing security awareness information to the user community as appropriate.
- Report IT security incidents (including computer viruses) in accordance with established procedures.
- Report security incidents not involving IT resources to the appropriate security office.
- Provide input to appropriate IT security personnel for preparation of reports to higher authority concerning sensitive and/or national security information systems.
- Knowledge of FISMA, DHS Sensitive Systems Policy Directive 4300A, and NIST 800 information security guidelines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and conduct briefings or presentations to partners and government leaders.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and regulations across a large, complex business
- Analytical aptitude with an emphasis on complex problem solving, logical thinking, and evaluation of solutions
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a combination of Certification and Accreditation (C&A), Authorization to Operate (ATO), security scans, network defense design, intrusion analysis, and security protocols.
- A TS/SCI security clearance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DHS Entry on Duty (EOD) access.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certification and Accreditation Professional (CAP), or a related industry certification.
- DHS Entry on Duty (EOD) access.
- Ability to travel within 50 miles of the government site
- Ability to travel within the United States as mission requires
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.