San Diego, CA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad’s vision is to be an agent of change by delivering products and services that fundamentally impact the way our customers do business, creating unique value for our customers through innovation, agility, and efficiency. Likewise, we aspire to be a hub of technical and operational expertise, attracting and retaining the best and brightest talent in our industry. Ironclad has an opening for a Technical Writer to join our growing company in San Diego, CA.
- Work with government and contractor SMEs, engineering, operational project teams, end users, and other stakeholder to create and maintain high quality documentation.
- Develop, gather, and disseminate technical information and requirements among customer and various stakeholders.
- Plan and support creation, development, editing of user's manuals, standard operating procedures, and instructions.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience using Microsoft Suite of tools for product development
- 5+ years of experience documenting and analyzing requirements and working with customer, team and other responsible parties to realize those requirements, resolve issues and address corrective actions.
- Experience with the development of training materials, policy guides and documentation to include user guides, quick reference guides and tutorials.
- Proficient in assessing and editing highly technical information, technical training documentation, and user guides using current English practices, Federal and DOD Standards, and then formatting that information into effective, user-friendly electronic and printed test products.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Sharepoint
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance required
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
- Ability to move about the office to complete job requirements multiple times throughout the day
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.