Senior Telecommunications Engineer
Washington, DC /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services LLC, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business has an opening for a Senior Telecommunications Engineer to join our growing company in Washington, D.C.
- Maintain the telecommunications tracking system database with information on all data and telecommunications services.
- Resolve trouble calls received from various stakeholders (Network Operations Center, Video Telecommunications, Information Technology Field Operations, etc.)
- Respond to vendor service clarification requests.
- Request Telecommunications Service Priority (TSP) codes to restoration and provisioning.
- Executing traffic analysis studies to ensure the telecommunications system operates at peak performance with minimal blocking of calls (P.01 or better grade of service) within the switch and to locations outside of the switch.
- Interfacing with telecommunications vendors, architects, cabling vendors and electrical vendors on new or expanded voice telecommunications systems to ensure all infrastructure, transport facilities, space requirements for equipment, and electrical power requirements are documented and installed on schedule.
- Assist voice engineer with gathering requirements and project planning, serving as liaison for stakeholders including PMs/PCs, PBX vendor, cable team and Local Exchange Carriers (LEC)
- Act as interface between on-site POC, voice engineer and vendor during installations
- Inventory equipment with vendor at start of installation to ensure all equipment as defined in the SOW/award has arrived on site
- Provide daily status/progress report to voice engineer and inform voice engineer of on-site issues as they occur.
- Monitor Government owned and Vendor Portals for the accuracy of provisioning and decommissioning circuit orders and telecommunications services on a daily basis.
- Experience preparing telecommunications service orders and video teleconferencing orders.
- Experience training end-users on the operation and use of telecommunication features.
- BA/BS and 8 years of experience.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Remains in a stationary position less than 50% of the time during the workday.
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen.
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to move about the office to complete job requirements multiple time throughout the day.
- Balancing and maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and moving, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Constantly positions self to maintain computers, hardware/ equipment in the office including under desks and in a server closet.
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.