Norfolk, VA /
Finance and Accounting /
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
We're hiring a Financial Analyst in Norfolk, VA to manage the programming, planning, and budgeting of Surface Ship Depot Maintenance for the Atlantic Fleet.
- Analyzes financial data and provides functional and technical recommendations regarding maintenance of the Department of the Navy Surface Ships within the Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution cycle. Provide analysis of fiscal trends, program changes, and external factors to accurately predict future requirements affecting national security and efficient management of resources.
- Assess surface ship stakeholder (Type Commander, RMC, Shipyard) equities and concerns at all levels of the Department of the Navy to ensure maintenance requirements are accurately stated and vetted. Provide recommendations to ensure adherence to guidance and direction from higher authorities.
- Analyze the budget formulation and execution of funds from various OMN and OPN maintenance accounts and provide recommendations for process standardization and automation.
- Review, understand and interpret financial processes as directed by higher authority and develop processes to ensure accuracy of the financial posture in various accounts.
- Analyze large and complex data sets from authoritative government financial databases using commercially available software and the client’s managerial and cost accounting products. Integrate and portray this data in a decision-ready product for senior (Flag/SES) level review.
- Draft/review/prepare supporting information and provide recommendations for financial presentations for all levels of management and associated disciplines. (Finance, Contracting, Program Manager, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of financial management work experience
- Proficient with the MS Office suite of tools.
- Advanced Excel including experience with formulas and pivot tables (this will be tested during the interview process).
- Experience with the DoD planning and budgeting process.
- An understanding of General Fund Accounting.
- Experience with Navy Financial Systems (ERP, SABRS, CFMS). Will consider candidates that have experience with comparable financial systems and/or knowledge of database design and SQL.
- Previous U.S. Navy experience (financial and PPBES)
- CDFM or CGFM certification is a plus
- U.S. Citizen and eligible for a security clearance
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.