Senior Software Engineer
Reston, VA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad is actively looking for a Software Engineer to support development of mission critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities for a prominent intelligence mission. As member of the application development team, the Software Engineer will build highly scalable microservices and micro-frontend applications in a DevSecOps model. The ideal candidate has strong experience in modern software development practices and has built distributed, data and transaction intensive applications.
- Design, develop and deliver modern secure software applications to enable the intel mission
- Support grooming of user stories, breakdown of development tasks and estimation of effort
- Employ a test-first development approach and code unit and integration tests to mitigate defect risks
- Design overall application architecture involving microservices, micro-frontends, APIs, integration patterns, database models and similar
- Instrument secure coding practices adhering to OWASP and mitigate vulnerabilities early
- Employ modern microservices and event-driven architecture using frameworks like Kafka
- Build reusability in day to day development and maintain library of reusable components and services
- Obsess on code quality by continuously monitoring SonarQube reports, performing peer reviews and ensure high test coverage
- Work with UX engineers and business analysts to design impactful and intuitive interfaces
- Collaborate with Software Factory team to achieve disciplined adoption of modern software development practices like TDD, BDD, CI/CD and similar
- Troubleshoot defect issues, deduce root cause, and implement mechanisms to prevent reoccurrence and mitigate offshoot issues
- Efficiently divide and conquer software development tasks with application developers
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members to achieve better quality
- US Citizens with active TS/SCI
- 7+ years of experience as Software Engineer developing distributed software applications using modern and open source technologies and frameworks
- Deep understanding and experience developing microservices and/or micro-frontends
- Highly fluent programmer in one or more languages – Java, Scala, Go and similar
- Strong data modeling experience with relational (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases
- Has practiced TDD and BDD using tools like Junit, Selenium, Cucumber / Gherkin or similar
- Strong understanding and knowledge in API best practices – REST and/or gRPC
- Has worked in a DevSecOps model and delivered code through CI/CD pipelines
- Familiar and used security and code quality tools like SonarQube, OWASP ZAP, and Fortify
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Experience developing AI/ML enabled applications for an intel mission
- Experience working in multi-domain networks involving cross-domain solutions
- Experience developing pipelines as code using Jenkins or GitLab CI
- Experience developing deployment automation scripts using Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- AWS Solutions Architect / Developer Associate or DevOps/Solutions Architect Professional certification
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.