Lead Data Scientist
Reston, VA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad’s vision is to be an agent of change by delivering products and services that fundamentally impact the way our customers do business, creating unique value for our customers through innovation, agility, and efficiency. Likewise, we aspire to be a hub of technical and operational expertise, attracting and retaining the best and brightest talent in our industry.
Ironclad is actively looking for a Data Science Lead (DSL) in Reston, VA to lead the development of mission-critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities. The Data Science Lead will lead a team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers to statistically explore and analyze data, identify trends and develop, test, and operationalize Machine Learning (ML) models. The Data Science Lead will partner with ML engineers to build pipelines to automate training and re-training of models and operationalize them in target environments.
- Lead exploratory data science analysis and development and testing of ML models
- Guide model development team including data scientists, data engineers, and ML developers to develop and deliver secure high-quality ML models
- Partner with Software Factory team to establish MLOps practices and implement ML pipelines
- Collaborate with All Source Analysts to test and validate ML models and build explainable ML
- Analyze and integrate open-source datasets with proprietary and classified datasets
- Analyze diverse datasets including geospatial, imagery, and intelligence feeds
- Design and implement Feature Store and engineer reusable features
- Build, maintain, and curate training dataset using a Training Data Platform
- Collaborate with ML developers to integrate ML pipelines to train, test, and validate models
- Collaborate with application development teams to integrate models into applications using REST APIs
- US Citizens with active TS/SCI
- 7+ years of experience as a Data Scientist with experience analyzing large and complex datasets, building Machine Learning (ML) models, and integrating them into the application stack
- Master’s or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field
- Strong hands-on experience in Python and frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch
- Strong hands-on experience conducting exploratory data analysis using Jupyter notebooks
- Knowledge and experience in machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Knowledge and experience building AI/ML capabilities for geospatial use cases
- Experience using AWS services including RDS, Redshift, S3, and Sagemaker
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party data providers: Google, Janes, and similar
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Apache Spark, Hadoop and similar
- Experience working in intel mission and analyzing Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) and classified datasets
- Experience developing, testing, and deploying ML models across multiple domains
- AWS Machine Learning Specialty certification
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.