Senior Test Engineer
Reston, VA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad is actively looking for a Test Ops Engineer to support development of mission critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities for a prominent intelligence mission. The Test Ops engineer is a hands-on software engineer who develops an overarching test automation framework for software delivery pipelines. The Test Ops Engineer works in close collaboration with the SDETs within the application development and software factory teams to produce well tested high-quality applications.
- Establish automation framework to test and validate microservices and micro-frontend applications
- Advise on test standards, scaling test efforts across many products under development, quality assurance best practices, test resource planning and capacity management, and data visualization and reporting methods.
- Develop automated tests for each feature and user story in a standard programming language
- Document and monitor testing outcomes and establish steps to remedy problems
- Implement test-driven development and behavior-driven development practices
- Integrated tests into CI/CD pipelines, closely monitor test results and promptly fix test failures
- Implement processes to synthesize and manage test data
- US Citizens with active TS/SCI
- 5+ years as QA, Software Engineer or Test Engineer with deep experience developing test automation scripts for large applications involving cloud, web UIs and APIs
- Knowledge of AWS cloud platform
- Thorough understanding of QA concepts and quality standards for distributed applications and CI/CD pipeline processes
- Strong hands-on experience with a major programming language: Java, Python and similar
- Strong hands-on experience with major testing frameworks including Selenium, Junit, JMeter and similar
- Fluent in Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) practices
- Experience working in small cross-functional agile teams developing user stories and codifying acceptance criteria
- Experience integrating automated tests into CI/CD pipelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
- Experience developing automated tests for AI/ML applications
- Experience as SDET in development of applications for intel mission involving low-side development and testing and high-side deployment
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.