Principal DevSecOps Engineer
Boston, MA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad is currently seeking a talented DevSecOps Engineer who is well versed in Cloud, DevOps/Security and Agile. Successful candidates must thrive in a people-based culture. We are looking for candidates willing to take on a challenge, learn, grow and help foster a family like culture built on collaboration and trust. This is an opportunity to build your experience in cloud native development, infrastructure and configuration as code, embedded system software development, and cybersecurity while developing software that will deliver software at the speed of need.
Ironclad’s vision is to be an agent of change by delivering products and services that fundamentally impact the way our customers do business, creating unique value for our customers through innovation, agility, and efficiency. Likewise, we aspire to be a hub of technical and operational expertise, attracting and retaining the best and brightest talent in our industry.
- Experience with designing, deploying, and operating workloads in Azure or AWS
- Develop and manage the CI/CD pipeline compliant with the CNCF requirements for Kubernetes such as Kubernetes upstream, D2IQ Kubernetes, Openshift, VMWare PKS Essentials, etc.
- Ensure a modern and secure foundation upon which all product teams develop and deploy containerized applications.
- Develop and maintain required automation and tooling to quickly deploy and manage applications.
- Considered a "generalist" on CI/CD pipeline and security requirements with strong knowledge of the platform as a whole.
- Have a passion for building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for a large enterprise that consists of hundreds of applications.
- Strong "security first" mindset.
- Experiencing building products and services that improve software developer feedback loops, time-to-production, rollback strategies, and CI/CD automation.
- Experienced in developing, testing, and maintaining containerized applications.
- Provide DevSecOps implementation using Jenkins, Gitlab, or similar tools.
- Curiosity to be able to ask the right questions when solving problems and initiating change for the better.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree; or equivalent industry experience.
- 6+ years of experience leading teams of software engineers and extensive expertise in CI/CD implementation with proven track record of performance.
- 5+ years of experience developing containerized services deployed on orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- 3+ years of experience developing production software leveraging modern languages (including: Java, Python, Go, NodeJS, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience developing containerized services deployed in production on orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm, etc.
- Three-plus (3+) years of experience with agile and lean software development philosophies.
- 1+ years of experience working with relational and/or non-relational databases e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch etc.
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience with modern version control systems such as Git, Subversion, Mercurial, etc.
- Clearable to a SECRET or above security clearance.
- Ability to obtain the CompTIA Security+ CE or other DoD 8570 IAT II certification with 90 days of hire.
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.