Journeyman Help Desk Specialist
Arlington, VA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services is hiring a Journeyman Help Desk Specialist to join our growing team in Arlington, VA.
- Monitor and track all service requests.
- Assess each issue/request to determine appropriate course of action.
- Keep users apprised of service request resolution status.
- Escalate service requests to subject matter experts.
- Provide desk-side assistance to resolve customer service requests.
- Resolve account and access management issues
- Support software and equipment install, move, add, change requests.
- Configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining end-user devices and peripherals
- Tailor directory service entries-organizational mailboxes, distribution lists, etc.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory accounting and asset management processes.
- Install patches and perform systems updates
- Install and configure portable storage devices
- Provide setup and basic troubleshooting with audio and video teleconference (VTC) operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Physical Science, Math, or Graphic Design
- 3 years of relevant experience including Electronic Documentation, System Administration, Network Administration, and Database Administration
- Active Secret Security Clearance
- Remains in a stationary position less than 50% of the time during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks; viewing a computer screen less than 50% of the time during the work day
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
- Ability to move about the office to complete job requirements multiple times throughout the day
- Balancing. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and moving, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Climbing, ascends/descends stairs, ladder, ramps, etc. in performance of duties more than 50%
- Constantly positions self to maintain computers, hardware/ equipment in the office, including under desks and in a server closet
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.