Configuration Management Specialist
Washington, DC /
Administrative and Program Support /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services LLC, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business has an opening for a Configuration Management Specialist to join our growing company in Washington, D.C. The Configuration Management Specialist will assist in maintaining the Configuration Management process to increase performance and reduce the risk to projects, operations, and associated hardware and software configuration baselines. Review, edit, update, and support preparation of final Change Requests (CR), reports, and artifacts.
- Develop and maintain a configuration management process, leveraging automated tools for code and environment Migration, rollback, and recovery to pre-existing states while adhering to configuration management policies and procedures (including database rollback)
- Provide detailed information to the application vendors on how to configure, promote, test, and implement code within the Cloud Hosting environment using a DevOps methodology.
- Testing procedures detailed enough to provide information how to use automated tools for accessibility requirements (e.g. “Section 508”), code security scans, code quality/integrity scans, performance testing, rollback procedures, and defect tracking.
- Assess the change impact.
- Complete change management assessments.
- Support communication efforts.
- Integrate change management activities into project plan.
- Support CM Boards through activities and deliverables such as conducting CR audit processing, reports, documents, service delivery guidance, and implementation support documents
- Submit proposed changes to systems, to the Change Control Board (CCB), maintain a record of all submitted and approved changes, and maintain a schedule of deliverables showing both the scheduled and actual implementation dates.
- Develop, maintain, update, and implement a Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB), a configuration item development record & configuration change status, and support the CCB.
- Assists in maintaining the Configuration Management process to increase performance and reduce the risk to projects, operations.
- Reviewing, editing, updating, and supporting the preparation of final Change Requests (CR), reports, and artifacts.
- Support CM Boards and Project Teams through activities and deliverables such as project status reports, documents, service delivery guidance, and implementation support documents.
- Develop, manage, maintain and provide a comprehensive weekly status report.
- Develop measurement processes for CRs, customer satisfaction, continuous improvement.
- Perform analysis and prepare reports
- Experience gathering facts through research, analyzing the client's business, drawing conclusions, preparing final reports and giving presentations.
- Experience developing, maintaining, updating, and implementing CM plans and procedures
- Experience ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time.
- Supporting a configuration management plan that provides specific information on maintaining the Cloud Hosting environment on a 24/7/365 basis, including patch and security management.
- BS/BA + 8 and additional 4 years in lieu of a degree.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment
- Remains in a stationary position less than 50% of the time during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
- Ability to move about the office to complete job requirements multiple times throughout the day
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.