Senior Help Desk Specialist
Alexandria, VA /
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services LLC, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business has an opening for a Help Desk Specialist to join our company in Alexandria, VA. Due to the nature of the work, only U.S. Citizens will be considered for this position. An Active TS/SCI Clearance is required.
- Create and monitor service desk tickets; provide support to desktop technicians
- Perform first call resolutions for common issues, customer training, and advanced (equivalent Tier II support) troubleshooting and support.
- Escalate directly to Tier III (which is normally Desktop Engineering) as well as any other JSP support group.
- Troubleshooting printer, scan-to-email, and multi-function printer devices.
- Basic networking troubleshooting from the PC to the wall plate to include troubleshooting firewall/HBSS issues with appropriate security/network teams.
- Assist with data spill cleanup operations (computer replacements, BCWipes, cleanup tracking with security team, etc.)
- Analyze software and business applications; troubleshoot issues
- Manage and maintain Security Groups, Distribution Lists and Mailboxes
- Submit appropriate tickets for new user account creation, distro/mailbox creation to the appropriate Accounts Management Teams
- Provides troubleshooting for printers, emails and multi-functioning printer devices
- Technical training desired
- Knowledge of ITIL foundations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- IT background
- CompTIA Security + Certification required in accordance with DoD 8570
- Security Clearance Required: Top Secret/SCI
- Provide Tier I - II Support in the NCR and escalate within the enterprise from there.
- Required travel time could be 1-2 weeks per month depending on hearing schedules.
- Remains in a stationary position less than 50% of the time during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks; viewing a computer screen less than 50% of the time during the work day
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
- Ability to move about the office to complete job requirements multiple time throughout the day
- Balancing. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and moving, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Climbing, ascends/descends stairs, ladder, ramps, etc. in performance of duties more than 50%.
- Constantly positions self to maintain computers, hardware/ equipment in the office, including under desks and in a server closet.
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.