Principal Cloud Architect
Boston, MA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services LLC, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business has an immediate opening for a Principal Cloud Architect to join our growing company. Due to the nature of the work, only U.S. Citizens will be considered for this position.
The Cloud Architect shall have extensive experience in cloud computing that includes on premise, hybrid, and commercial cloud management. The engineer will be, at least, a mid to senior level engineer capable of mentoring junior developers and engineers. The engineer shall be able to provision, manage, and secure cloud infrastructure with expertise through infrastructure as code implementations at an Individual Contributor level. The engineer will possess effective communication skills to interact with various stakeholders internal and external to the organization
Skills and Responsibilities
- Technical solution development of complex requirements within the Government landscape.
- Implement, configure, secure, and manage cloud-based solutions such as Software as a Service (SaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Plan and implement the cloud infrastructure for distributed applications and data storage that will run in the system.
- Perform software coding and engineering on the system’s cloud infrastructure.
- Prioritize usage to most efficiently allocate resources to maximize developer experience and stay within budget.
- Respond to product team needs in a timely fashion.
- Strong "security first" mindset.
- Manage a mix of cloud environments (i.e., public, private, and hybrid cloud solutions).
- Mentor junior developers and engineers.
- Knowledge of networking, security groups and policy management in relation to cloud resources.
- Understanding of the design, deployment and management of cloud resources in numerous environments (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Understanding of Agile, DevOps solutions and associated management solutions.
- Hands-on experience designing and/or implementing cloud-based and/or cloud-native solutions in production workloads
- Have a working knowledge of emerging technologies relevant to cloud computing (e.g. Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)).
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent industry experience.
- CompTIA Security+ CE or other DOD 8570 IAT II certification
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience working as a software engineer leveraging large scale cloud infrastructure as their primary application platform.
- 7+ years of demonstrated experience building declarative infrastructure using modern Infrastructure as Code techniques
- Understanding of Agile, DevOps solutions and associated management solutions
- Knowledge in Jenkins, Docker, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Kubernetes, etc.
- Strong intellectual curiosity in exploring and learning new technologies, technology trends, forthcoming industry standards, new products, and the latest solution development techniques; ability to leverage this knowledge to formulate technical solution strategy.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to independently execute work tasks in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment
- Interpersonal, written and communications skills with the ability to interface with different personalities in a range of positions, including many at very senior levels is a must.
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree.
- Experience leading teams of software engineers and/or cloud architects and expertise in IaC implementation with proven track record of performance.
- Possesses a Top Secret or TS/SCI level security clearance.
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- CompTIA Cloud+ certification
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.