Network Support Analyst
San Diego, CA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services is looking for a Network Support Analyst to join our growing team in San Diego, CA that will be acting as the SME for inventory, assets, ticket submittals, and coordination.
- Provide SME support for asset troubleshooting, trouble ticket submittal, and coordination. Develop and submit Move, Add, and Change (MAC) requests through NMCI/NGEN website to ensure availability of command assets
- Perform tracking and administration of Information Technology (IT)/Local Area Network (LAN) assets and Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)-owned printers
- Ensure command assets meet all cyber security and classification requirements, including proper storage, handling, inventory, disposal, clearing, sanitizing, and destruct
- Develop and maintain inventory for command assets, peripherals, software, and other IT assets
- Support any Information Technology Purchase Request (ITPR) submittals to ensure command assets meet compliance requirements
- Perform Common Access Card (CAC)/Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Local Registration Authority (LRA) services
- 5+ years Navy or equivalent experience which substantially satisfies working with the following: Navy deployment and / or training scheduling; Navy Operational Readiness; Project Management; Strategy and Risk Assessment; Navy Enterprise Networks; Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet (CPF) Navy Marine Corp Intranet (NMCI) procurement process; NMCI Enterprise Tools (NET); Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet (CPF) Outside Continental United States(OCONUS) Navy Enterprise Networks (ONE-NET) procurement process; Navy Information Technology Approval Systems (NAV-ITAS) process and procedures; Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Multi-Function Device(MFD) procurement and sustainment process and procedures.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, or an equivalent bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university.
- In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, Network support engineer may have one of the following certifications to comply with Department of Defense (DoD) 8570.01-M IAT Level II Baseline Certification requirements: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Security, Cybersecurity Analyst+ (CySA+), Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP), Global Information Assurance Certification's Security Essentials (GSEC), Security+ CE, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP).
- Must be Department of Defense (DoD) 8570 Compliant, IAT Level II
- Active Secret Security Clearance Required
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.