Lead Cybersecurity Platform SME (Secret Clearance)
College Park, MD /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad is hiring a Lead Cybersecurity Platform SME in College Park, MD to provide technical direction to a talented DOD software and engineering team. The role will develop a roadmap and oversee achieving and maintaining a continuous authority to operate (cATO) including policy/process development, and execution; and support the shared environments at multiple security classifications levels. Remote work in the NCR is available with work on-site as required for network security reasons.
- Support achieving Continuous Authority to Operate (cATO) for on-site and remote development environments
- Support obtaining Authority to Operate (ATO) for physical development spaces
- Analyze the security of the pipelines: applications, services release, and deployment
- Discover and address security issues, build security automation, and quickly react to new threats
- Support the development of a robust security strategy that emphasizes the ability to perform design reviews, code reviews, and security-related tasks that mitigate risks
- Research and keep ahead of Kubernetes cybersecurity threats and best practices to harden and secure Kubernetes clusters at scale
- Utilize new and continuously hardened containers from the DoD Iron Bank
- Support the development of various backend/automated processes for the automation of the container accreditation process
- Coordinate with application developers to enable speed and flexibility while maintaining compliance with the cATO
- Perform cyber penetration analysis (pen-testing and red/blue teaming)
- Maintain and support the DevSecOps stack across multiple security classifications
- Enhance the cybersecurity and the code security process of the PaaS across all classified and unclassified environments
- Create accreditation documentation following DoD requirements such as the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- Knowledge of DoD Enterprise DevSecOps Reference Design and principles
- Agile software development knowledge
- Demonstrated expertise in Zero trust architectures (Beyond Corp/Software Defined Perimeter), NIST SP 800-53, NIST SP 800-190, Kubernetes Environments and service mesh
- Demonstrated knowledge preparing ATO guidance related to Cybersecurity best practices within the framework of NIST publications
- 5+ years of experience with architecting and designing networks and security applications
- 5+ years of experience leading Cybersecurity teams relative to cloud environments
- BA or BS degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, or related field
- Secret clearance
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.