Senior Network Systems Engineer
Arlington, VA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad is seeking a Senior Network Systems Engineer to join our team at the Office of Naval Research (ONR) in Arlington, VA. Candidates must possess an active Secret Clearance to be considered. The Senior Network Systems Engineer will assist the Office of Naval Research establish and maintain an information technology network operation.
- Support LAN infrastructure design in a Data Center environment to include Cisco Nexus and Catalyst switches, Cisco UCS, Aruba wireless controllers, wireless access points, and Radius servers.
- Provide support on security policy configuration, administration and management of Palo Alto firewalls using centralized Panorama M-500.
- Provide support on Palo Alto features App-ID, User-ID, Global Protect, Wildfire, NAT policies, and security profiles.
- Configure and troubleshoot Cisco Nexus virtual port channel (vPC).
- Configure and manage Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) architecture with Radius through Active Directory.
- Configure and troubleshoot TCP/UDP, IPv4/IPv6 subnetting, access lists, L2 and L3 connectivity issues within Cisco Router ASR1002, Cisco Catalyst 3850s, Cisco Nexus 5600 and 7700s switches, Palo Alto Firewalls, and Aruba Wireless.
- Troubleshoot SNMP, DHCP, 802.1x, Netflow, and Spanning-tree.
- Use troubleshooting tools to include Wireshark, SolarWinds, and McAfee SIEM logs.
- Have experience with using AWS or Microsoft Azure cloud environments.
- Use SolarWinds to monitor and test network performance. Provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies and procedures for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing network equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, VTC, and other network appliances.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Handle and resolve tickets using BMC Remedy.
Professional and Technical Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or 4 year’s equivalent experience
- IAT Level II certification (Security+ and a Computing Environment (CE) certification)
- Active Secret Clearance or current interim
- At least 8 years of experience
- Proven experience and success with LAN and WIFI design and implementation.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards.
- Excellent network layer 2 to 4 troubleshooting experience.
- Competence with testing tools and procedures for data circuits.
- Experience with Cisco equipment required, preferably 5 years of experience.
- Experience with firewalls, preferably Palo Alto and with 3 years of experience.
- Experience with VMware.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws. Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative global environment
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.