Lead Network Engineer
Alexandria, VA /
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services has an opening for a Sr. Network Engineer to join our IT Support Services team. This is a highly visible role and is working on a mission critical project. Due to the nature of the work, only U.S. Citizens will be considered for this position.
- Function as the SME responsible for the development, implementation, and configuration, of OMC Network Infrastructure across multiple locations operating a broad range of network technologies.
- Lead O&M support efforts of all OMC NIPRNET, SIPRNET, JWICS Network Infrastructure located in NSGB, and Special Access System Network Infrastructure located in both the NCR and NSGB.
- Installs, monitors, manages, and supports switches, routers, and data circuits for OMC Voice, Data, and Video Systems.
- Ensure Network Infrastructure is securely configured in accordance with DoD Cyber Security Policy,
- Maintain a broad understanding and deep knowledge across all applicable network technologies, advises the OMC Information Technology Division in the utilization and integration of innovative technologies in support of OMC Network requirements.
- Lead OMC engineering and installation (E&I) support for inside/outside plant LAN wiring & fiber optic cable terminations.
- Lead the installation, configuration, and maintenance of NSA Approved Network Encryption devices.
- Ensure proper IP Address allocation to optimize network performance and maintain network security.
- Lead efforts to troubleshoot network issues and outages, coordinate with internal and external entities to resolve complex networking issues.
- 10+ years of DoD Network Engineering experience
- 7+ years of experience delivering tasks of a similar size/scope
- 5-years of experience preferred with NSA Approved Network Encryption Devices
- Frequent travel to GTMO possible.
- Shall possess a Top Secret with SCI Eligible security clearance
- Required Certifications: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP - R&S) OR CCNP Enterprise and DOD 8570.01M IAT-Level II or higher
- Remains in a stationary position less than 50% of the time during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
- Ability to move about the office to complete job requirements multiple time throughout the day
- Balancing. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and moving, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces.
- Constantly positions self to maintain computers, hardware/ equipment in the office, including under desks and in a server closet.
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.