Arlington, VA /
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services LLC, a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business has an opening for a System Administrator to join our growing company in Arlington, VA. Due to the nature of the work, only U.S. Citizens will be considered for this position.
The IT system administrator is responsible for supporting our CISA customers and the day-to-day administration and maintenance of the National Communications & Coordination (NCC) branch systems at all operating locations including HQ and COOP facilities. The IT system administrator shall perform system upgrades of hardware and software, network configuration, user support, create and maintain system documentation, ensure certification and accreditation of NCC systems.
- Assist in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various systems to include, but not limited to, desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment, and software applications.
- Configure and setup servers and applications including, but not limited to, web, email, routers, firewalls, database, and storage.
- Monitor system performance and implements performance tuning.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues.
- Perform hardware and software installations.
- Develop, maintain, monitor, and test system backup and restore protocols.
- Monitor, plan, and coordinate the distribution of client/server software and service packs.
- Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Provides emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- Assist ISSO with C&A effort.
- Account administration: setting up user accounts, permissions, passwords, and resets.
- Configure and monitor network usage.
- Ensure that all IT equipment complies with industry standards.
- Perform routine preventative measures and system patching.
- Implement, maintain, and monitor network security.
- Providing training and technical support for users.
- Liaison with DHS CIO and other DHS component IT departments/organizations to ensure operation and compliance of systems
- BA/BS or equivalent combination of experience, training and education
- 3+ years’ experience in system administration is required
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a DHS SCI, as well as obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
- Ability to move about the office to complete job requirements multiple times throughout the day
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.