San Diego, CA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services is looking for a VTC/Telephonic Technician to join our growing team in San Diego, CA that will be responsible for providing large volumes of video teleconferences for customers, perform troubleshooting, and created and maintaining technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution.
- Supports a large volume of video teleconferences for customers at all levels of military and civilian organization, to include Flag/SES. Operate, manage and schedule the Video Teleconferencing suites HQ Flag Staff. Support includes being responsible, reliable, on time, and customer focused. Providing support for unclassified and classified video teleconferencing equipment.
- Performs troubleshooting and coordinates with equipment maintenance contractor for equipment casualties and scheduled upgrades.
- Report all technical issues to N6, N6A, and N61 Division Officer.
- Loads presentations onto laptops or other computers to ensure relevant material are easily available and accessible to presenters. Set up and adjust audiovisual equipment to meet needs as requested. Manage, control and operate custom conference room systems to include sourcing different video, audio and data sources as needs to support conferences.
- Diagnoses audiovisual problems during conferences and presentation; Perform troubleshooting on failing hardware (Polycom HDX7000/HDX8000) and attached equipment, connections, cameras, cabling, microphones, speakers and monitors. Identify defective hardware or failing equipment to N61 management. Coordinates and requests support or replacement parts from manufactures or third party support vendors. Operates, configures and maintains multiple video projectors integrated in command auditorium, and conference rooms.
- Orders and installs lamp replacements for portable projector units’ configuration settings and cabling.
- Coordinates with other VTC technicians and customers and conference room owners and updates the master VTC schedule calendar with date, time, location, and VTC dial in information, ensures via master schedule that there are no meeting conflicts and maintain lead time for set up and testing prior to each conference. Monitors, tracks and document all conference-scheduling, documents for monthly metrics reporting.
- Coordinates with VTC bridge service providers: NMCI, COMPACFLT, SPAWAR Systems, NCTS, Work with AT&T, NCTS and telephone vendors to ensure ISDN lines are in good working condition, conduct testing and troubleshooting for ISDN connections when required.
- Provides instruction for customers to operate the VTC suites custom conference room audio and video equipment, for muting conferences, changing camera angles, and sourcing briefs to monitors display, and touch panel controls.
- Performs biannual inventory of N6 audiovisual equipment including projectors, screens, microphones, speakers, mouse pointers; ensures proper paper work is filled out for users checking out equipment, and ensures that is equipment is in good working order when returned to N6.
- Maintains accurate listings of customer video teleconferencing spaces to include all IDSN lines used for video teleconferencing and record update and maintains an inventory listing of all video teleconferencing equipment to include make, model, of codecs, integrated video and audio components.
- Writes, develops, maintains, and conducts annual review of standard operating procedures for multiple video teleconferencing suites.
- Maintain and provide hands on training for staff use on a public address system and all its components. Ensures equipment is in good working order and ready for the next conference or event.
- Create and maintain programmatic and technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution.
- 5+ years Navy or equivalent experience which substantially satisfies working with the following:
- VTC and audio visual (A/V) equipment operations from multiple manufacturers, VTC and A/V industry standards, wide area network (WAN) technologies as applicable to VTC operations, developing and implementing communications tools for use between remote sites
- Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Access, and Outlook)
- Personal computer (PC) operations and technology
- Employee management and supervisory skills
- Responsive customer service skills as well as oral and written communications skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Active Secret Clearance Required
- Constantly positions self to maintain computers, hardware/ equipment in the office, including under desks and in a server closet
- Ability to move about the office to complete job requirements multiple times throughout the day
- Frequently lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Remains in a stationary position less than 50% of the time during the work day
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.