Reston, VA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad’s vision is to be an agent of change by delivering products and services that fundamentally impact the way our customers do business, creating unique value for our customers through innovation, agility, and efficiency. Likewise, we aspire to be a hub of technical and operational expertise, attracting and retaining the best and brightest talent in our industry.
Ironclad is actively looking for a Cloud Engineer in Reston, VA to support the development of mission-critical applications involving AI/ML capabilities for intelligence missions. As a member of the Platform Team, the Cloud Engineer will help set up a Software Factory to automate the delivery of secure application software and machine learning models at scale. The Software Factory is an overarching framework composed of automated pipelines and modern software development practices such as test-driven development, secure engineering, and automated testing.
- Design, develop and implement Software Factory components including CI/CD pipelines and automated deployments
- Design and optimize cloud architecture to scale deployment of microservices and achieve high availability and resiliency
- Develop modularized infrastructure as code templates and achieve automated zero downtime deployments
- Implement secure engineering practices in deployment architecture such as data encryption and zero trust and in delivery pipelines such as SAST, DAST and Container scanning
- Implement security controls as mandated by NIST by ingraining it in the architecture and automation and adopt OSCAL to implement continuous ATO model
- Automate provisioning and configuration of non-production and production cloud environments
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines including automation of unit, integration, security and performance testing; measurement of test coverage and code quality; and implementation of stage gates
- Collaborate with application teams to promptly address their technical requirements and provide a reliable software delivery pipeline
- Mentor, train and coach junior engineers on modern cloud and DevSecOps practices
- US Citizens with active TS/SCI
- 5+ years of experience as Cloud Engineer implementing DevSecOps practices including continuous delivery of software applications
- Prior experience automating deployments and pipelines for microservice intensive applications
- Strong hands-on experience in Infrastructure as Code tools - Terraform, Ansible, and similar
- Experience with container orchestration and service mesh technologies such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, Istio, Grey Matter Envoy, and Consul
- Experience implementing pipelines with well-known tools such as Jenkins, Selenium, JFrog Artifactory, Acunetix, ThreadFix, Twistlock and SonarQube
- Experience supporting multi-classification domain software development projects involving low-side development and high-side deployment
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, IT or related field
- One or more cloud certifications: AWS Solutions Architect Associate, Developer Associate, SysOps Administrator or similar
- Knowledge and experience implementing Event-Driven Architecture using Kafka and similar
- Expertise in MLOps and related tools such as AWS Sagemaker, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Airflow, and similar
- AWS Professional Certification – DevOps or Solutions Architect Professional
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.