Reston, VA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
We’re hiring a Security Engineer in Reston, VA to work with Ironclad’s DevSecOps Software Factory Team. The Security Engineer analyzes the security of the pipelines: applications, services release, and deployment. This role will discover and address security issues, build security automation, and quickly react to new threats. The Security Engineer will enhance the cybersecurity and the code security process across all classified and unclassified environments. This role will support accreditation documentation following DoD and ICD requirements such as the Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST process for the Software Factory teams. Due to the nature of the role, only U.S. Citizens may be considered.
- Analyze security systems and seek improvements on a continuous basis
- Analyze the security of the pipelines: applications, services release, and deployment
- Discover and address security issues, build security automation, and quickly react to new threats
- Support the development of a robust security strategy that emphasizes the ability to perform design reviews, code reviews, and security-related tasks that mitigate risks
- Enhance the cybersecurity and the code security process of the PaaS across all classified and unclassified environments
- Create accreditation documentation following DoD requirements such as the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process
- US Citizens with active TS/SCI
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Certifications such as Security+, CISSP, GSEC, CEH or CISM desired
- At least 3+ years of cybersecurity experience
- Experience with cloud and application development-based projects.
- Experience and understanding of the RMF process for gaining and maintaining ATO.
- Experience with software development projects
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of security engineering best practices and how to implement them at a business-wide level
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems as they arise
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEO). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance, HSA + Employer Contribution, Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program, Professional Development and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.