Business Systems Analyst
Portsmouth, VA /
Contingent Full Time
Ironclad Technology Services is a Virginia based Information Technology and Business Consulting services company focused on supporting public and private sector customers as they tackle their most daunting information technology and business challenges. We focus on solving real world business problems through innovative thinking, a talented staff, and hard work.
Ironclad Technology Services is hiring for a Business Systems Analyst in Portsmouth, VA. This position will support corporate metrics and data analytics efforts for the Naval Ship Maintenance Community. The business analyst focuses on analysis and problem-solving data challenges as they relate to types of data and relationships among data elements within the platform, as well as producing reports and supporting analysis to measure performance and make data analysis actionable for business partners.
- Gather, cleanse, curate, and standardize data to support sustainable and scalable data interaction, analysis, and insight development
- Analyze large and complex data sets and support end-users by enhancing information through developing visualizations through dashboards, metrics, and user interfaces
- Build analytic capabilities and modify existing tools/programs to grow the organizations' knowledge and accommodate change.
- Perform necessary data mapping, data lineage activities, document information flows and process diagrams
- Build data models and business glossary by gathering information from multiple sources such as business users, existing data sources, databases, and other relevant documents and systems.
- Serve as data and metric processing subject matter expert also demonstrating and understanding key data management principles and data use.
- Perform business and/or technical analyses to understand current customer environments (including discrepancies and inconsistencies), define customer needs, determine potential strategies, and deliver plans/proposals for process improvement opportunities and/or projects.
- Interface directly with the client, ability to capture requirements and translate into technical requirements for inclusion into products and or services.
- Conduct detailed analysis using established statistical methods and develop predictive models.
- Translate non-technical requirements into technical business requirements.
- Must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance or eligible for a Periodic Reinvestigation (note: this requires US citizenship.)
- Master's degree and 10 years experience in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Engineering or relevant field OR Bachelor’s degree and 12 years experience
- 10+ years of experience compiling data for analysis and metrics, working with data analysis methodologies and supporting tools
- 10+ years of experience using statistical or mathematical techniques
- 10+ years of experience in a project management environment
- 10+ years of experience in evaluating business requirements and transforming them into deliverables
- Strong problem formulation, analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to communicate in a clear and succinct manner
- Dashboard and visualization proficiency in Tableau, ggPlot, Excel advance charts, or related industry visualization software
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures
- Proficiency in programming languages such as VBA or Excel Macros, SQL, R, Python, or similar
- American Society for Quality Six Sigma Greenbelt or Black Belt (CSSGB/CSSBB) Certification
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Institute Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Naval or Shipyard Experience
- Knowledge of SQL/queries and Oracle databases
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Up to 25% travel within the U.S.
- Remains in a sitting/stationary position continually or almost continually during the work day
- Operates a computer and performs desk-based computer tasks continually; frequently viewing a computer screen
- Rarely lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling objects and/or equipment that weighs up to 50 pounds
Ironclad Technology Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (EEO/AA). All employment and hiring decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business needs without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, nationality, gender, ethnic origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Ironclad offers a comprehensive compensation package including Health and Dental Insurance, Vision and Life Insurance, Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, 401(K) + company match, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Company Holidays, Tuition Assistance Program and more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and/or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request assistance by contacting HRSupport@ironcladts.com or calling 757-493-3572.