Cyber Solutions Sales Engineer (Great Lakes/OH Valley)
US Remote /
Opportunities – Sales /
Our mission is simple:
Deliver the power of collective cybersecurity to defend companies, sectors, and nations. For decades, companies have been defending against cyber attacks on their own while adversaries have been organizing themselves into sophisticated hacker networks, until now with IronNet Collective Defense.
Bringing together some of the best minds in cybersecurity and an unmatched team of experts from industry, government, and academia, IronNet was born to more effectively defend enterprises, sectors, and nations against highly organized cyber adversaries and increasingly sophisticated attacks.
IronNet is seeking a Cyber Solutions Sales Engineer to join our world-class pre-sales engineering team. You will be a part of IronNet’s sales organization and support all technical aspects of selling IronNet’s solutions to our clients. Our clients span all business sectors and sizes. You will be the subject matter expert for our sales team serving our customers and prospects for your assigned region.
To be successful in this role you must be able and willing to . .
- Directly support the IronNet sales organization in all matters concerning threat behaviors, threat identification, and emerging or changing tactics, techniques and procedures for responding to threat activity.
- Enable the sales organization by assisting our clients in providing training and routine debriefs on the latest threat landscape and product updates as necessary.
- Work cross-functionally with other groups with IronNet in support of enhancing the products capabilities: operations, threat hunting, analytic development, threat emulations, and sales and marketing.
- Contribute to the company blog, webinars, and thought leadership through other forums, with periodic bulletins or articles concerning threat intelligence/the IronNet tool/ etc.
- Demonstrate drive to deliver results within the first 90 days by conducting hunt activities for anomalous network activity and identify adversary behaviors during proof-of-value (POV) activities.
- 30 Days - Successfully be able to deliver IronNet "Intro Demo"
- 90 Days - Successfully conduct independent POV
- 120 Days - Contribute two pieces of "missing" collateral
- 180 Days - Achieve ICNH / INCA certification
You may be the person we need if you . . .
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, and work experience (6+ years).
- Worked in the cyber security industry for 5 years.
- Had prior experience relevant to technical sales, preferably with network intrusion, detection and response products.
- Have expertise within a core security discipline (e.g. cyber threat hunting, security operations, forensics, incident response, threat detection, security assessments, or penetration testing) with additional knowledge of security tools, industry trends, and methodologies.
- Understand networking fundaments, to include traffic flow, firewalls, IPS, network taps, and packet capture technologies.
- Have working knowledge of security focused product lines (SIEM / SOAR / EDR / CASB) with the ability to translate how solutions fit within security best practices.
- Had prior hands on experience with L2 to L7 OSI layers.
- Possess excellent communication skills, demonstrating a high proficiency at giving technical presentations to technical and non-technical audiences.
We recognize that few candidates meet every requirement. We hire smart people and expect them to grow and learn and that many skills are transferable. If your resume doesn’t match all of the requirements, apply, but please address any skill gaps in a cover letter--our recruiting team and hiring managers are not as knowledgeable about you as you are.
At IronNet, we’re focused on building a world-class company and culture, and that starts with the people we hire. We take pride in being an equal opportunity employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
Benefits of Working at IronNet:
IronNet strives to provide comprehensive, essential and affordable benefits for our employees and their families. We offer an unlimited PTO plan, 401(k) match as well as Medical, Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurance.