Computer Vision Engineer
San Carlos, CA
About Iron Ox
Iron Ox is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone. Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing this new wave of technology to feed an ever-growing population. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator, conveniently located near the CalTrain station in San Carlos, CA.
Who we're looking for
At Iron Ox, we are automating the entire plant production process. From the development of multiple robot platforms to our own custom hydroponic, seeding, and harvesting systems, we are taking a system level approach to create the ideal farm. As we continue to develop and scale our robotic greenhouse operations, we want to make sure our greenhouse is aware and adaptive. This means that we need vision and machine learning solutions for a variety of tasks including:
- Monitoring plant growth
- Anomaly detection (e.g. pests and disease)
- Identifying and locating plants for harvest or other robotics manipulation tasks
- Tracking how changes affect farm performance over time.
We are looking for a Computer Vision Engineer to join our team to design, implement, and integrate vision and learning capabilities into our automated system.
What will you do here?
- Design, implement, validate, and release applications and capabilities in C++ and Python (this is not a research role - your main responsibility will be doing hands-on implementation)
- Integrate vision and learning as part of the complete system that operates the farm. This can touch many different parts of our system including image processing, cloud storage, and embedded development
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the overall system that coordinates all robots and other devices in the greenhous.
- Collaborate daily with your fellow engineers (both hardware and software) as well as our team of growers
- Integrate and test software solutions on robotics/ farm hardware systems
- Write clear and testable code
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews
- C++ or Python skills (5+ years of experience necessary)
- 3+ years professional experience
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with perception/vision libraries, (e.g. OpenCV or PCL )
- A passion for tackling unfamiliar challenges and getting your hands dirty
Nice to haves
- Shipped a product to customers
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (Caffe, TensorFlow, etc.)
- Experience with ROS/ROS2
- Experience with systems integration on a hardware product
- Experience with agriculture systems
- Iron Ox is a small startup with big dreams. You’ll be a part of a team founded on transparency, creativity, and impact on our mission to feed people.
- We’re in the heart of San Carlos, walking distance to Caltrain and great restaurants.
- We’re a tight-knit group that likes to work hard while also having fun with company outings and team events.
- We offer medical, dental and vision.
- We have a fresh salad bar for employees 5 days a week.