San Carlos, CA
About Iron Ox
Iron Ox is building robotic greenhouses to bring fresh and affordable produce to everyone. We're a team from Willow Garage, Google[x], and Savioke that are passionate about deeply understanding and developing the new wave of technology to feed people. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator and located in the SF Bay Area.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an entry to mid-level Mechanical Engineer to join our team. You will work alongside Senior Engineers to tackle a range of design challenges, from robotics to hydroponics, as we build the future of automated farming. This is a full-time position.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 1-3+ years professional experience in mechanical design or manufacturing.
- Hands-on experience assembling/disassembling prototypes (or similar).
- Proficiency with CAD tools.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Eager to tackle unfamiliar challenges and get your hands dirty.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design mechanical components and assemblies under the guidance of Senior Engineers.
- Fabricate parts and perform builds.
- Research new concepts, manufacturing methods, materials, etc. as required.
- Generate engineering drawings and submit RFQs to vendors.
- Work with team members across different areas of expertise to meet project milestones.
- Learn new skills while supporting a diversity of projects in electrical, mechanical, and even growing.
Nice to have
- MS degree in a relevant Engineering discipline.
- Exposure to all phases of the design development process.
- Exposure to a document control system.
- Experience in a hardware startup.
- Experience with indoor farming, hydroponics, food safety a plus.
- Interest in Ag tech and enjoy the startup culture.
- Build technology that feeds people.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Fresh salad bar for employees.
- As an early employee, you’ll have key impact on the company.