San Carlos, CA
About Iron Ox
Iron Ox is building robotic greenhouses to bring fresh and affordable produce to everyone. We're a team from Willow Garage, Google[x], and Savioke that are passionate about deeply understanding and developing the new wave of technology to feed people. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator and located in the SF Bay Area.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a high quality, ambitious candidate to assist with operations of a fast-paced, innovative startup. The ideal technician is a motivated, organized individual with a passion for agricultural and/or robotics. As a part of the Operations team at Iron Ox, you will assist with manufacturing operations, engineering projects, equipment maintenance and be a key member of the Iron Ox team. This is a full-time position.
- Great time management, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Electro-Mechanical assembly and test experience.
- General networking and computer hardware knowledge.
- Self starters who have a great attention to detail and a willingness to learn new subjects.
- Proactive, goal oriented individuals who take pride in their accomplishments.
- Minimum of an Associates degree (A.S.) or equivalent or 5 years of related experience.
- Basic computer skills, experience with G Suite / Microsoft Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manufacturing, assembly and test of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Work with engineering team and vendors on DFM / DFA.
- Equipment maintenance, setting up preventive and corrective maintenance schedules.
- Create and perform SOP's and checklists, as well as train team members.
- Working with engineering team to build and document custom electrical wire harnesses.
- Maintain facilities appearance and ensure areas are clean and tidy.
- Setup and perform IT / networking projects, along with sensor deployments.
- Work with agricultural team on technical setup and issues.
Nice to haves
- General Linux knowledge.
- LEAN manufacturing knowledge and experience.
- Machine shop experience, familiar with CNC Mill, CNC Lathe, Welding etc.
- Experience with environmental sensors and general electronics knowledge.
- Experience with indoor farming, hydroponics, food safety a plus.
- Interest in the farming, food and robotics industries and love the fun of the startup environment and its culture.
- Build technology that feeds people.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Fresh salad bar for employees.
- As an early employee, you’ll have key impact on the company.