San Carlos, CA
About Iron Ox
Iron Ox is building robotic greenhouses to supply fresh and sustainable produce to grocery stores and restaurants. We're a team from Willow Garage, Google[x], and Savioke that are passionate about deeply understanding and developing the new wave of technology to feed people. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator and located in the SF Bay Area.
Who we're looking for
We take a systems approach to automating the farm, from multiple different robots to IoT sensors. We are looking for a full-stack developer to help engineer the cloud software that will orchestrate the entire greenhouse, including quickly processing hundreds of data points from our sensors, sending actions to robots for tasks that need to be performed and visual interfaces to monitor the state of the farm. You will also develop software for our IoT sensors and work closely with our cross-disciplinary team.
- 2+ years job experience writing production software.
- Strong familiarity with REST-based applications
- Experience with RDBMS
- Experience deploying code to a server or cloud environment (AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Ability and desire to move quickly and iterate.
Nice to have
- Python and/or C++ experience
- Experience with devops tools like Ansible
- High level Computer Vision and Machine Learning knowledge
- Embedded software development
- Hands on basic electronics skill set (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc)
- Build technology that feeds people.
- Fresh salad bar for employees.
- Equity in a pre-Series-A, Y-Combinator-backed startup.
- As an early employee, you’ll have key impact on the company.