San Carlos, CA
About Iron Ox
Iron Ox is building robotic greenhouses to bring fresh and affordable produce to everyone. We're a team from Willow Garage, Google[x], and Savioke that are passionate about deeply understanding and developing the new wave of technology to feed people. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator and located in the SF Bay Area.
Who we're looking for
We take a systems approach to automating the farm that uses multiple robots and embedded sensors working together. You will architect electrical systems for new robots, including power systems, sensors, real time communication buses, and charging. Designs will include a combination of off the shelf and custom components. You will be working closely with roboticists, mechanical engineers and software engineers.
- 3+ years job experience writing production software.
- Ability to specify requirements for custom PCBs and work with outside vendors to get them made.
- Experience with PCB design software tools.
- Component sourcing.
- Experience with power systems including battery management systems power distribution.
- Experience with motors and motor controllers.
- Ability and desire to move quickly and iterate.
Nice to haves
- Robotics experience.
- Industrial automation experience.
- Experience writing and debugging firmware for embedded systems.
- Build technology that feeds people.
- Fresh salad bar for employees.
- Equity in a pre-Series-A, Y-Combinator-backed startup.
- As an early employee, you’ll have key impact on the company.