San Carlos, CA
About Iron Ox
Iron Ox is building robotic greenhouses to supply fresh and sustainable produce to grocery stores and restaurants. We're a team from Willow Garage, Google[x], and Savioke that are passionate about deeply understanding and developing the new wave of technology to feed people. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator and located in the SF Bay Area.
Who we're looking for
We take a systems approach to automating the farm, from multiple different robots to our own custom-design hydroponic grow system. We are looking for a mechanical engineer to help design and develop the next version of our robotic farm. You will be involved in all parts of the development process, from requirements gathering, to CAD design, and ultimately fabricating various components of our system. You will work directly with roboticists, engineers, and growers on the robot designs, hydroponic grow systems, and more.
- BS/MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 2+ years job experience in industry
- Knowledge of multiple manufacturing processes (machining, sheet metal, plastics molding)
- Broad mechanical knowledge. We have many problems to solve, from robotic actuators to water pumps.
- Proficiency with CAD tools.
- Ability and desire to move quickly and iterate.
Nice to have
- Experience with robotics or mechatronics.
- DFM / DFA/ DFx
- Hands on machining / welding experience
- Rapid prototyping experience (3D printing, milling, etc.)
- Exposure to agriculture.
- Build technology that feeds people.
- Fresh salad bar for employees.
- Equity in a pre-Series-A, Y-Combinator-backed startup.
- As an early employee, you’ll have key impact on the company.