San Carlos, CA
About Iron Ox
Iron Ox is building robotic greenhouses to bring fresh and affordable produce to everyone. We're a team from Willow Garage, Google[x], and Savioke that are passionate about deeply understanding and developing the new wave of technology to feed people. Iron Ox is a well-funded startup backed by Y Combinator and located in the SF Bay Area.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a high quality, ambitious candidate to assist with operations of a fast-paced, innovative startup. The ideal operations assistant is a motivated, organized individual with a passion for agricultural and/or robotics. As Operations Assistant at Iron Ox, you will assist with daily farm operations, facilities tasks and management and be a key member of the Iron Ox team. This is a full-time position.
- Basic computer skills, experience with G Suite / Microsoft Office.
- Great time management, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Basic hand tool experience
- Self starters who have a great attention to detail and a willingness to learn new subjects.
- Proactive, goal oriented individuals who take pride in their accomplishments.
- Staging, maintenance and cleaning of hydroponic growing systems and equipment.
- Data collection, record keeping, and safety tasks.
- Manage incoming UPS, USPS and FedEx shipments.
- Maintain facilities appearance and ensure areas are clean and tidy.
Nice to haves
- Experience with indoor farming, hydroponics, food safety a plus.
- Knowledge of 3D printing, Python, Robotics / ROS are a plus.
- Interest in the farming, food and robotics industries and love the fun of the startup environment and its culture.
- Build technology that feeds people.
- Medical, dental and vision
- Fresh salad bar for employees.
- As an early employee, you’ll have key impact on the company.